Chapter 51 (MATURE WARNING)

SO, ANOTHER WARNING GUYS. THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MATURE MATERIAL NOT SUITABLE FOR AN AUDIENCE UNDER 16-. PLEASE, IF YOU FIND SEXUAL/ABUSIVE MATERIAL TRIGGERING OR DISTURBING, DO NOT READ.

NOW THAT SAID, HOPE YOU ENJOY. (Oh and listen to the song! I think it fits pretty well :D )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 51

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I tiptoe into frigid waters, shielding my naked shoulders from icy wind. It's the day after and with the dawn of a new sun comes new regrets. Shivering, I plunge into the deep, sighing as the cool liquid runs over my still swollen breasts. The water reaches up to my neck, gently lapping at kiss marks delivered by a death soldier. Bruising love bites pepper my bosom and stomach. Sore to the touch, there is no doubt Butcher tasted, devoured, and enjoyed as he pleased.

Only when night turned to day did we finally disentangle our bodies. I fell into exhausted slumber under a sky of fading stars. But Butcher existed even in my dreams, where I kissed and loved him eagerly.

Looking to the heavens, I know now that I am forever lost. There's no saving me now. Butcher finally has what he always wanted—all of me. I gave him everything, even shouting his name as I cried and burned with his touch. I fulfilled the prophecy. He was right. It only took a week for him to lure me beneath his frame and make me cry his name. My soul sold down the river, I close my eyes and contemplate my fate.

They will call me a fallen woman now.

But we all fall, don't we? Who on this earth is truly pure? Haven't we all been painted with black and red? Haven't we all had a scarlet letter written on our back?

After rinsing myself clean, I climb onto a rock in the middle of the shallow lake and comb my fingers through tangled ringlets. My ebony skin gleams in the sunlight, a sheen of cool water setting me aglow. Slowly, the tangles come lose and the kinky strands gather into a glorious mane. I shake out the wet curls, smiling as they drop down to my hips.

Throwing my head back, I let my skin drink in the sun. No one's here to see my risqué pose, no one for miles and miles. Butcher left my side in the early morning, rising at the same time as the chirping birds. I watched as he headed off to God knows where, too delirious to beg him to stay. As he walked into the sunrise, my heart twisted and roared. What if this is the last I see of him, I thought.

Perhaps all he wanted was my soul and now that he has it, I no longer tempt his eye. Perhaps that was the only reason he wanted me. He planned this all along. After corrupting me in that dimly lit cave, maybe he took all his weapons and made his way to another poor soul.

No. I bite my lip and shut out these insecure thoughts. He wouldn't leave me now.

Would he?

But... Shouldn't I want him to leave?

Shame should overwhelm me. I should bow my head and hide from the light. But I only feel more alive than ever. Grief's black shadow moves from my side and releases my mind from her prison. I could grow wings and fly. I could sing and never stop. Closing my eyes, I remember his arms imprisoning me, his lips roaming my chest, and how it felt as he ravished me and blew my world wide open.

Planting myself firmly on the stone, I sprawl across the cool surface. My cheeks blush as I remember everything I let Butcher do to me, but I can't seem to regret any of it. Call me stupid, call me a slut, I don't care. Call me a victim, call me a brainwashed fool, I'll pretend I didn't hear.

The only thing that unsettles me is how I'm overlooking a very important piece of Butcher. And that's the fact that he is a butcher, and maybe the best butcher there is. A born killer, trained from birth. How many bodies has he dismembered? What's the head count? How many notches does he have marked in his belt?