friday. july 12

The rain started while we were walking to lunch and only got worse from there

The rain started while we were walking to lunch and only got worse from there. I think it's safe to say that yard games will not be happening today. On a normal rainy day I'd just follow Mallory wherever she decided to go for activities (usually tie dye), but Myles still owes me some answers.

Guess I'm making stupid bracelets.

When it's time to leave the Mess Hall I find Myles about to walk out the door behind a small group of campers.

"Hey, man, do you care if I tag along to the bracelet making party?"

"Uh, no," he says. "We'd better hurry up and get down there, though. I think the rain's slacking off a little bit."

With that we haul ass down to that tiny little shack by the lake.

Mary Anne's already in there putting beads on the table and she looks surprised to see me walk in behind Myles. She smiles anyway and keeps on setting up as some campers come in behind us. As they get started with their bracelets, Myles and I sit down at a table off to the side.

"So how'd you know I was coming down here?" He asks.

"Figured you'd follow Mary Anne like you always do," I say. He looks offended for a second, but I stop him before he tries to defend himself. "Speaking of, would you like to explain to me why both of you were out until like three the other night?"

He looks down at his hands and then out the window. "Does it matter?"

"Yeah kinda. I don't know if you've noticed or if all that hair is hindering your brain function, but all of us are kind of emotionally invested in y'all's relationship. If something happened, I'd like to be informed."

Myles looks over to a table off to the side then to Mary Anne and finally back at me.

Something totally happened.

"So, uh," I start. "Mind enlightening me?"

"Fine, you nosy loser, something happened between us," he sighs.

"Okay that means nothing, Myles, I need specifics. Did you find the balls to hold her hand or did you," I pause, looking around at all the campers, "do other things."

"Nothing like that you idiot," he says. "I just took her out on the lake, but then it started raining so we came back here and things, uh, escalated. Figured out how we felt about each other."

"That's it? You just talked about how you felt? That's a damn shame, Myles," I mumble.

"What do you want me to say, Blake, that we made out on that table over there?"