30🐱

yoongi grabbed his keys and wallet after getting dressed.

he stepped out of the house and got into his car, driving to a bar that was only a few minutes away from where he lived.

yoongi made it inside the place. the stale smell of-..

everything!

would come and go in a whiff as anyone would walk past.

yoongi shook his head and went up to the large oval-shaped, dimly lit bar. billiard tables to the back- a few groups of friends and even a small audience gathered around to watch people play.

yoongi didn't care for any of it. he simply sat on his stool and sipped the second glass of whiskey he'd ordered only four minutes ago.

looking down at his phone for the time, yoongi let out a sigh and looked around the place again.

he was spotted by a group of friends- his loneliness peeking their interest.

"why don't we invite him over?" one asked, whispering to another friend from the group.

"nah.. he doesn't seem like our type." another guy said, waving his hand in dismissal. "not for that!" the last guy groaned irritably. "just as a friend. he seems lonely enough."

with the other four friends nodding in agreement and voicing their opinions, they set off to approach yoongi who was just in the middle of taking a sip of his third drink of the night.

"may i help you?" yoongi asked, raising his brow and looking up at the man. the man chuckled softly and took a seat next to yoongi.

"i'm ray, nice to meet you." he greeted shortly. yoongi gave him a slight nod and sat his drink down. "i'm yoongi. nice to meet you as well, i guess." he hummed softly and looked up at ray.

the uninvited man gave his group a quick glance before turning back to yoongi. "i'm just going to cut to the chase. we wanted to invite you over to drink with us."

"what for?"

"well-" he turned back to his friends and gestured to them. "we saw you alone and figured you could use some company."

yoongi shook his head. "nah, i'm fine. return to your friends." he ordered another drink and unconsciously tapped the glass.

ray chuckled. he wasn't leaving without getting yoongi to come with him.

"i really think you should just come join us."

"and i think that i shouldn't."

a brief moment of silence passed before ray opened his mouth again.

"i-"

"to cut you there-" yoongi interrupted. "i'm not lonely, ever seen a man drink at a bar by himself?"

ray laughed, throwing his head back and nodding. "well of course... either he's looking for a date or drowning in misery." he gestured to yoongi's many empty glasses. "seems your reason's the latter."

yoongi couldn't resist the light laugh that escaped his lips. he took ray's consideration in thought and sighed softly before nodding.

"yeah, sure. i'll join you."

"well isn't that gr-"

yoongi looked down to his now soaked pants. ray looked down at the spill and where his arm had hit the glass.

"raincheck-"