9💛

to say taehyung was nervous was an understatement.

the boy was literally shaking in his gucci slippers as he stood outside of jin's home.

he had listened to his brother and finally found the courage to confess his feelings to his best friend.

he was waiting all day for this. the only problem was, he couldn't find that same bravery to knock on the door. so here he was, sitting on the porch's swing, desperately praying that yoongi will text him back soon.

minturtle hyung 🐢

[ 3 missed calls ]

tae

answer your phone hyung!
6:14 pm read✓✓

incoming call
minturtle hyung 🐢
decline[ ] accept[X]
00:01

are you okay?
what happened?

oh finally hyung! i need help and quick. i'm going to confess to jungkook today

finally! you don't need any help, the boy is obviously madly in love with you

ugh, hyung~ how do you know that? you're not jungkook, you're not perfect at literally everything you do!

wow taehyung, that hurt much more than i would like to admit. *chuckles*

hyung!

okay, okay. you're literally kim taehyung, the aspiring model who has a crush on his photographer and designer, who just happens to be his best friend! you guys see each other and hang out together pretty much everyday. he desperately tries to impress you every chance he gets tae, and you still can't see that he has the biggest crush on you?

hyu-

don't you hyung me. look, we just got back home from the park - "jimin wait, i'm almost done!" "but hyung!" - anyways i've got to go tae. you guys better be a couple when i call back later

call ended

minturtle hyung🐢
07:32

he took a slow breath and nodded to himself while reciting to himself, 'you can do this kim taehyung'

here it is...he's finally going to do it.

any second now...

any second now...

any secon-"hey taehyung!"

jimin bounced happily down the stairs and into the kitchen as he hummed a sweet little tune to himself. yoongi came from the kitchen with popcorn, drinks, and a few more snacks.

"you all ready?" yoongi asked jimin.

"mmhm!" he spun around and wiggled his tail to show yoongi he had dressed into night clothes.

yoongi nodded and gestured to the hybrid's bottom. "i think i did great on that cut-out, if i do say so myself."

jimin giggled and sat crossed legged on the sofa as yoongi joined him.

they hit play and began to eat their snacks as they quickly became engrossed into the movie.

"what do you mean he isn't here?"

"exactly what i said."

"so, do you know where he is now?"

"oh! uh-uh h-he's with a friend right now tae, y-yeah! sorry."

taehyung sighed sadly and shook his head already knowing what was up. "you don't have to worry hyung, i know that jungkook is in therapy."

jin nodded. "i'm sorry for lying tae, i didn't know you knew and if jungkook wanted anyone to know."

"it's okay hyung, i understand."

jin invited him in and they talked for quite a while, easily conversating and never getting tired of hearing each talk about any and every thing.

tae had wondered why jungkook waited this late to see his therapist as he would usually go in the mornings, but jin had informed him that he was feeling especially low today.

the younger boy nodded sadly and was a bit glad hearing that. what if he had confessed today? jungkook would've especially turned him down.

jin seemed to notice the other's shift in mood causing him to get curious.

"what's wrong taehyung-ah?"

the red-haired boy looked up at jin and wondered if he should tell him or not. well, he was jungkook's guardian and it wasn't like jin didn't know taehyung because he did. the boy was always around them.

jungkook being the introvert he is, never really cared about getting to know others, preferring to just stick to himself.

but when a certain bubbly, yet shy kid bumped into him almost getting punched for his clumsiness, jungkook couldn't not befriend him.

he was just too...taehyung for him to ignore, so the two grew closer very quickly and became best friends in no time.

"hyung today...i was planning on confessing. to jungkook. i was extremely nervous which is why i was just standing there and got suprised when you opened the door."

jin tried hard to suppress his smile. he's been anticipating this moment for almost 5 years now. he always knew taehyung took a liking to jungkook and that he had been a big affect on the younger's happiness, so jin was more than ecstatic hearing that come from taehyung.

"no matter how much negativity you put into this, it's better to confess earlier than later. even if he doesn't reciprocate those same feelings, you won't suffer from not knowing." taehyung nodded and thanked jin for his encouragement.

he left their house that day with more confidence than earlier, deciding that he would take his chance on love.