35: The truth (3)

Logan's pov.

I had attacked the fake Ernestus the very same moment Victor appeared to make an escape route possible for the two of them. But just as expected a few rogues had their eyes all time on me and protected their master.

I really need to know what the f#ck is going on here.

I gnashed my teeth. I as an Alpha and did not know rogues were going in and out of my pack. Such a thing could be called the greatest disgrace to an Alpha! It was an understatement to say I'm furious.

The corpses of the rogues I had killed of on my way here was just the beginning.

I snickered "Perfect doesn't match with you, father. Or what should I address you with?"

Ernestus narrowed his eyes at me. These looks I came to become familiar with over the years. But now I had to find out who the stranger in front of me was.

"What about..." he looked at the fighting scene in front of him. The rogues were having the upper hand. "...uncle?" Ernestus green eyes flashed. I inhaled deeply.

"Uncle?" my eyes flashed I was beyond furious.

"May I introduce myself: Abraham Night. The true Alpha of the Thunder Pack." out of nowhere five to seven rogues surrounded the fake Ernestus.

I ignored the wolves and concentrated on the gibberish. But even if he was talking sh#t there must be some truth to it. The name he threw into the room was... interesting. Abraham Night was indeed not an unfamiliar name to me.

"Abraham Night? That was my father's twin brother and he's long dead!" I snarled. "What can I say? Mhm, perhaps I faked my own death and took your father's position when I killed him off? - Ah, ah!" the nutty Abraham shook his head

"That doesn't sound good... The Alpha position was mine to begin with..." he suddenly got all serious again. I crossed my arms in front of my chest. "...I traveled a lot back in the days and when Ernestus got injured in a fight it was just too easy to kill him and take the position that was rightfully mine!" Abraham roared.

"No one remembered the real me so faking my death wasn't a challenge!" Abraham opened his arms as if encouraging me to accept the truth.

"What a pity that your plan didn't work!" I growled. Mason took over and howled. My people knew by now that I wanted to see blood.

I had no time to think about the truth in his words I had to imprison him for that and make sure the noisy rogues disappear of my land. But it's getting very unlikely with every second they decide to kill my people. I charged forward shifting while doing so and bit the stupid dogs that tried to stop me. The battle cries and stomps around me were not dying down.

I swirled around and caught a glimpse of Victor leaping through the air to take down werewolves. I then focused on the guards who were protecting Abraham with all their power. I was going to take down Abraham tonight - no questions about that! The way he lusted after Lauren was unforgivable! I want - no... I will kill him!

But the guards around him, if I leave one of them alive to pry information from...

"All these years you gathered rogues, how desperate were you in taking back my pack?" Mason snarled at Abraham while roaming around his guards. Abraham laughed

"Desperate you say? All this time you didn't notice or suspected anything, guess how long it took me..." he smirked in a perverted manner "...nephew!" he said softly. I licked my fangs "You still have the nerves to call me that? What about Gavin? Wasn't he your favorite?"

"Gavin? Oh, that delusional boy. It was a pleasure to use him." he laughed shamelessly. I should feel sorry for Gavin... but somehow I'm not.

"Well, it will be a pleasure to end your life as well, don't worry!" I fared my fangs at him. Abraham just shook his head "You are still clueless, stupid boy. You can't kill me. See," he gestured towards my fighting guards "your people are dying all for their Alpha's effort to kill one single person. How selfish!" he shook his head as if I was a little boy he needed to reprimand. But those times are long over. I charged forward biting the neck of one of his guards, I heard Abraham calling out "Kill everyone! No one-"

"Stop blabbering shit!" I interrupted as I rolled to the side avoiding a well aimed punch to my lower body.

Just when I thought I had another of those damn guards down they suddenly changed their tactic as they were given some kind of secret signal and I was tackled by two of them to the ground. One of them aimed to my head and I was a second too slow to get out of the way. The blow was heavy which left me a bit disoriented.

I felt my veins throbbing, my breath was heavy as I lounged towards the two rogues.

Maybe it was because I was too occupied with the fight to notice Victor who had gotten close to Abraham to sneak attack him.

Just when I felt her presence she had already punched Abraham to his face. I didn't need to see the expression on her face to know that Abraham was going to die whether through my hands or hers.

"Haha!" I heard the evil laugh of Abraham who obviously struggled to keep himself on his feet as Victor choked him. She snarled something to him probably asking about his last words.

I cracked the spine of one of the guards with brutal force. Those idiots had wasted my time for too long.

"I, Abraham Night curse you. You will die together with me today!" Abraham hoarse voice choked out. I didn't catch Victor's reaction to Abraham's last words as I got rid of just another rogue to rush to her help when I saw her hand hit his skull with a deathly force.

The blinding light that somehow came out of Abraham's body surrounded the two and forced me to hold a hand in front of my eyes.

"VIC-" I screamed at the direction of her.

But it was too late.

With the unnatural source of light my friend disappeared as well. The smiling corpse of Abraham landed with a thump on the ground right where Victor was standing a second before.

THE END of Book 1