18 : Ceremony

Uuuh, what ceremony?

"Chris, what am I missing?" I excused myself and promised Emily to help her another time before I hurried after Chris.

"The alpha is currently getting ready for the ceremony. Announcing you as the luna." Chris added to his remark. "Wha- what? Now?" I asked nervously. 

Was that why Logan had called me earlier? Was he angry at me for ignoring him?

I hope he wasn't...

The kind beta escorted me to the assembly hall, which looked more like a ball room. Uff, too many werewolves. 

"Too many unmated male werewolves" echoed my Dad's warning in my head. I smiled sadly. He wasn't here today. But he was right. 

"Why weren't you answering me?" Logan suddenly appeared next to me. I was so surprised that I pressed one hand of mine on my mouth. I thought my werewolf instincts were more sensitive after the marking however I wasn't compared to Logan. He was wearing a dark green robe which cpmplimented his beautiful eyes. 

"I-I'm soryy. I was helping out one of the staff and then I got into a fight, so.... so I couldn't paying attention to you." his eyes darkened at the last part of my second. 

"Why can't you pay attention to me? I am paying all my attention to you, why does it always seem like I am not at all on your mind?" he growled. "It's not like that at all" I whispered. I shifted my gace towards the red carpet on the floor. Mmmhh, someone did a good job on cleaning here.

 "Alpha, everything's ready" announced a gamma. Logan ignored him. His stare was focused on mine. His fingers that held up my chin were icy cold. "We will discuss this later. Now, I'll make sure everyone knows to stay away from what's mine." smirked my mate.

I was so embarressed when I could finally leave the hall. I am not used to all the attention on me. I sometimes even felt as I was observed secretly. Of course everyone was watching. However I couldn't forget the cold sweat I got on my spine. 

And of course all the judging looks, as if I was something truly disgusting. I sniffed several times on my shirt... I wasn't smelling like urine, was I? I ran myself a hot bath and got in. When Logan and me wanted to get ready for the night, he was called by someone and disapeared again. So now I had the room all to myself.

I closed my eyes and recalled my second encounter with Luna today - this time with her parents, who by the way had a very powerful aura. I understood then why she was so confident of becoming Luna. Her parents eyed me from head to toe. Unsatisfied with what they saw they sneered and took of. Luna stared at me hatefully, before being dragged away by her mother. She obviously was close to her mother. I wish I had a mother who would walk side by side with me like that....

 A few moments later when Logan accompanied me to greet some of his pack members, I bumped into them again. This time they were nicer to me, that was probably contributed by the fact that their alpha was standing in front of them. They apparently had no respect for me. And I wasn't judging them. They had worked many years to ensure their power to make their daughter the luna of this pack, just so that position could be given to some strange village girl. Me. Even though I never asked to be given that position. 

I was sure that they were no evil people. Maybe I could gain their respect over time...

"What are you thinking about?" the bathroom door was opened swiftly by Logan who strode in taking of his clothes. 

"Uuhh, what are you doing?" I moved my body under the water. "Joining my mate to take a bath. Are you going to defy me?" he asked still removing his clothes. 

I bit my lip. "You know what, I am actually done with bathing, why don't you wait until I'm out and I'll let-" he had removed all of his clothes and I had a clear view on his lower body. To be precise: on a certain part of his lower body that made me blush. I averted my gaze from him. Oh my goodness!

I could literally hear Fiona purring. 

Logan slipped into the water and lifted me up. I was sitting naked on his cough cough, which reacted when I plopped on him.

I was red like a tomato. How come this innocent scene turned into such a steamy scene. Too hot. It was too hot! 

Logan's fingers brushed past my waist. Dangerously close to a place that was untouched. I felt the electricity from his touch. Sparks, butterflies I had them all.

I squirmed away from his fingers. "You know the effect you're having on me. But you still decide to move, aren't you seducing me?" Logan whispered into my ear.