Not Quite A Fairytale

My first story, please comment! hope you like it!

[picture of Jared>>>}

1st Chapter

Jared's POV

So there she was. Taylor Williams. Sitting there drawing as if nothing was bothering her even though her two annoying friends were trying to get her attention...as always. There was something different about her and I didn't know what it was. Maybe it was the sparkle in her brown eyes or the dimple that would appear on her right cheek when she smiled. It never occurred to me the reason why I knew all these things about her or that I was staring until she looked up and smiled. Obviously, Ashley saw what was going on and discussed the situation but Taylor didn't seem to care. Noticing the embarrassing situation, I quickly looked away but in doing do, bumped into Mrs Opara.

'What are you doing around here?'' she said with a knowing smile on her face.

She followed my gaze so she obviously knew who i was looking at.

''I was...just...erm....''

I heard a faint roar of laughter which I guessed came from Jordan.

''Looking at anyone in particular, Jared?''

''Not really.''

''I see....well don't be hanging around school! I'm sure you have a home to go to!"

And with that I hurried off to meet Drew while turning around to see if she was still smiling. And she was. But the weird thing is...I smiled too.

Taylor's POV

"Taylor, look at this text. It's soooo cute, right?!''

Argh, Ashley! She was trying to show me a text from her douchebag of a boyfriend. She's my best friend and all but sometimes I wish she would shut up about Eric and see him for what he really is......a douchebag! This day was just typical. Nothing happened apart from the annoying comment from Jordan which occurred every now and then but apart from that....zilch. Nothing really caught my eye until I saw that Jared guy staring at me. I don't know whether it was me he was looking at Jordan or me or even Ashley. Jordan was pretty, prettier than me but she was very superficial. I tried my best to keep my distance, but once you become friends with her...she kinda sticks to you.

"Hey isn't that Jared? Who's he staring at...me.........or me?!'' Jordan said, in the annoying bitchy way that she usually does.

"Okay he IS staring at me! After all he's hot, I'm hot, what could possibly go wrong?!'' she said

"Okay maybe he's not staring at anyone. You know, maybe he's one of those people who stare randomly into space or something.''

That ended the conversation but I knew it was up for discussion later. Jordan and Ashley just turned their heads and continued to talk about Ashley's stupid text.

I looked up Jared to find him still looking at me. I couldn't help but smile! I mean who wouldn't the beautiful Jared Fields staring at them? Everyone had their eyes on him! But it wasn't like he would be interested in me anyway. I think my smile made him feel weird or something because he quickly turned away and bumped into Mrs Opara! Jordan saw and laughed her head off.

"Did you see that! Okay he was definitely staring at me! I mean he wouldn't be interested in you..y'know with you being black and him being white and everything.''

Ashley stared at Jordan in disbelief.

''That was uncool Jordan..and racist.''

"Get over yourself Jordan.''

She looked at me as if the comment psychologically offended her and walked away.

"Come on Ashley, looks like we're late going home...again.''

"So, who cares! The more we're late the less I start to care! Forget about Jordan, she has always been a bitch. I don't even know why she hangs out with us if she fells that way. Who knows...maybe Jared was looking at you!''

I checked to see if Jared was still looking at me but it looked like Mrs Opara took care of him. I was still smiling when he turned around he smiled...that perfect smile.

Drew'S POV

''Dude.....dude....DUDE AREN'T YOU LISTENING?!''

I was tryna get Jared's attention but it seemed like his mind was somewhere else...on someone else...

It's actually been like this since last week. I followed his gaze to the one girl i never thought he'd be looking at in such a way that he already was. Taylor Williams

''Dude, PLEASE tell me you're not into Taylor Wiliams?''

''I wish i could but i can't. I can't seem to get her out of my mind. You know how that feels right?''

''Errrr...yeah, i guess so. But you do realise that she's....''

''She's what?''

''............You know... different..'' I tried to put in in the nicest words that i could but he didn't seem to catch on.

''Differnet how?''

''Well her hair is different..'' Maybe he would catch on.

''Yeahhhh.....it's beautiful right..?'' He said that as if he was high.

''Not what I meant. She's black dude.''

Maybe i shouldn't have said it like that but guys like us do NOT really go out with..other girls.

''What did you say? So what?!''

He looked like he was about to punch my lights out so I had to calm him down.

''Well I mean why not Jordan? Something tells me you guys have had some history!''

''If you are going to insult her then you're not the best friend i htough you were, Drew. And I have no interest in that Jordan!''

''Okay calm down! I don't have a problem with her. But other's do. I'm not saying she's ugly or anything in fact she's hot,''

He then gave me a warning look when I said that so I carried on with the point,

''It's just that what are the rest of the guys gonna say if you ask her out? Think about the effect it coud have on your rep, man.''

''Have you ever thought that maybe I don't care about my 'rep'?''

He then rolled his eyes and walked off.

What did I say?

I was only trying to be honest. He would be over if the guys found out that he liked her. And I couldn't let that happen to him...