Chapter 31

A/N: SO WE HAVE FINALLY REACHED THE FINAL CHAPTER! Yayayyayy.I want to offer my sincerest thanks to those readers who've been with the book since I nervously uploaded my first chapter, not knowing then that it would get such an amazing response. I would also like to thank the readers who took their time out to vote and comment, even DM their thoughts on the story. You gave me the courage to reach here and I hope I was able to give you the ending you always hoped this story had.

Eren opened his eyes to Levi's worried face.

"Finally!"

"What's wrong? What happened? OW!" Levi smacked him hard on his head.

"What's wrong? You tried to electrocute yourself, dumbass! In the bargain, you passed out."

Eren rubbed the side of his head, "How long was I gone?"

"Half an hour and your body was cold like ice," Levi bit out pulling the covers over Eren's chin.

"Madam must be . . ."

"I sent her home. She'll come for you tomorrow. Mikasa will stay in your room so you can sleep here tonight." Levi got off the bed when a slim hand grabbed his wrist and pulled him back down.

"Won't you stay? It's my last night."

"Don't act spoilt! I never sleep with my slaves."

"Strange. I recall you wanting to cuddle with me."

"That was different. Jean has left so just call me if you need something. I'll be in the study," Levi hesitantly extracted his hand from Eren's and started making his way to the door.

"All throughout my life I watched the people I love leave. Every time that happened — whether I was betrayed, hurt, or even sold off for someone else's debt — I thought I would get over it. I did, for the most part."

Levi's back was turned, but he paused to listen. Eren got off the bed and noticed that he was in tracks and a soft hoodie. A sad smile appeared on his worn out face.

"Whenever someone raised their hand toward me, it was always to hit me, punish me, scold me or strip me. Sometimes all at once," Eren laughed bitterly, "but not once had someone raised their hand to pet me, caress me or dress me."

Levi's heart was lodged in his throat and if Eren said anything more than that, he would surely run back and bundle him in his arms. But he decisively stayed still.

Eren sighed finally understanding how stubborn Levi could be. "Miss Hanji was the only one who encouraged me to live on. She gave me a big loving family I couldn't even ask for and maybe that's the problem." Levi looked over his shoulder and Eren continued, "maybe all I had to do was ask. Ask for the people who were leaving to stay; to stay for me, to love me. Nevermind, I'll start now. Senpai," Eren came face to face with Levi, "if I ask you to stay with me, then will you stay and love me . . . as I love you?"

Levi's resolution was melting faster that wax shards on flames. He still failed to understand what was so lovable about a horrible person like him?

"You can't Eren. I–I'll hurt you."

"Then I will stay as your slave and beg for your love." Eren stubbornly stated in a raised voice.

Levi snapped and pulled Eren into his arms.

"Never ever say that again. Never beg for someone's love. That's the most miserable way to treat yourself."

Eren embraced him back, "Then I'll be miserable with you."

He could feel Levi's smile against the crook of his neck. Eren brought his arms around Levi's neck and searched the latter's eyes. Levi leaned forward and kissed him reverentially while hooking the younger male's legs around his waist. He carried him to bed where they fell eventually asleep in each other's arms after a long night kissing and hugging.

***

Next morning came far too soon. Eren's bags were packed with hoodies and shirts he stole from Levi and he waited in the kitchen, in a yellow bunny sweatshirt and tracks, for Levi to turn up.

"Come on, Senpai!"

"Shit! Calm down brat I almost slipped." Levi corrected his stance from the slight stumble and gracefully walked down the rest of the steps.

"You have everything you need?"

"Yessir!"

"Did you pack the laptop and the—"

"I packed the laptop and the mobile phone Erwin-san got me, sir!"

Levi raised a brow at him, "I got them with my money."

Eren mumbled 'cheapskate' under his breath before nodding like a good boy.

"I heard that," Levi stated picking his bags up. Mikasa joined them the gate where Hanji was impatiently waiting in her car.

"Come on, bois! Chop chop!"

Levi bit back a nasty comment as he loaded Eren's bags in the hood of the SUV. To balance out, he slammed the hood's door really hard.

"Someone's cranky," Hanji called out from the driver's seat.

Levi walked toward where Eren stood and grabbed his cheeks.

"I'll see you soon."

"Yeah right, five months."

"We've got this covered. I'll obsessively call you day and night and you'll be bored with me."

"Never."

"I hate his calls. Trust me, you will be bored soon!" Mikasa shuddered, remembering Levi's timely lectures pouring through the receiver.

"No one asked for your opinion," Levi gave her a cold smile before turning back to Eren.

"I'll come for you in five months."

"You better not come for Joe while . . ."

"ARGH! You crazy possessive little," Levi swooped low and captured Eren's lips in a passionate kiss. Eren grabbed his collar and pulled him lower giving Levi's tongue access to his mouth. Levi licked the corner of Eren's lips before plunging his tongue in. Hanji and Mikasa stared at the couple with their jaws unhinged. This was . . . sooo hot and NSFN: not safe for neighbourhood. Hanji bent forward to get a closer look when her elbow accidentally pressed against the horn. A startled Eren jumped off of Levi who in turn gave Hanji one of his signature death glares. Nevertheless, the moment was gone. Eren hesitantly got into the car and waved goodbye to Levi as Hanji started the car.

***

~End of Chapter 31 and story~

A/N: Psych! As if I would end it here. The book will be labelled completed but I'm still going to upload an epilogue and a couple of bonus chapters. So until then, sayonara :)