Chapter 27

A/N: I want to say sorry for the delay again so I'm uploading 2 CHAPTERS!!! Yesh, you read that right! Two more chapters [hopefully by next week ( σ・・ ̄)] and then we have the epilogue. So guess this book will be crossing 30 chapters (to think I wanted to end it at 19). Ah well! We have 42.9k views!!! And so many new votes!!! What did I do to deserve such AMAZEBALLS readers ( )

No one said a thing after that.

As soon as they reached his place, Levi quickly got out of the car as though the seat under him had caught fire.

"Jean, please take care of the guests and help Eren pack up his stuff," he said making his way to the study and furiously called out his sister's name.

"Mikasa!"

"Oh here we go!"

Mikasa rolled her eyes and followed Levi to the study. Erwin set the table while Jean and Eren heated up some food for everyone. Even Hanji knew this was not the right time to speak.

In the study:

Levi was bracing himself against the oakwood study table. Mikasa was burning holes into the ground with her intense glare until she decided to face Levi, "Go on! Get it over with. Blame me for this as you have blamed me for everything in the past! I am so sure you'll even find a way to accuse me for getting kidnapp—"

"Just shut your mouth!"

Mikasa was engulfed in a bear hug as soon as those words left Levi's mouth.

"W-what? I don't—"

"Stay with me . . . please." Levi tightened his embrace stunning Mikasa into silence.

"You're not making any sense. Also, I can't b-breathe so . . ."

Levi awkwardly stepped back but met Mikasa's obsidian eyes squarely, "I know I don't deserve your forgiveness. I haven't been a good role model for you, and I only have myself to blame for that. I don't know what I would have done if something happened to you back there. You defended yourself quite well."

Mikasa's features slightly softened before she raised her chin to the skies as if she'd received praise from God himself.

"Why thank yo—"

"But—"

"Here we go."

"I do not approve this boyfriend business."

Mikasa raised her brow, "You don't even know him and your approval doesn't matter!"

"I should like to keep it that way and, yes, it does. Erwin," Levi called out and Erwin soundlessly appeared at the study's entrance like a ghost. Levi nodded at him and Erwin nodded back. Mikasa had no clue what the nods meant.

"If you leave this house in my absence or try to contact your boyfriend, I'll have him permanently deported to his homeland in Puerto Rico," Levi gave Mikasa the cutest smile he had offered any human being in a decade. Mikasa finally understood why the tabloids and gossip columns called him the "Steel Prince" (actually they called him the "Robotic Steel Prince" but that's inconsequential to context here).

Levi left the study and a flummoxed Mikasa behind. When they passed by the kitchen, Levi looked at Jean and said, "You did well. Since Eren won't be staying here anymore, you are free to leave too. I will be sure to put in a good word to the Commander."

Jean gave a professional salute but his discomfort was visible.

Erwin was already at the main entrance and Levi was following him out when he suddenly decided to stop. He realised he shouldn't ignore a certain pair of green eyes any longer; given that it was probably the last time he'd be seeing them.

"You seem like a brat who always finds trouble, but fortunately you have people that'll take care of you and worry about you. Don't lose that. I hope my actions have not hurt you in any way. Take care. And drive safe," that last part was for Hanji. That was all she was going to get.

Just as Levi left the house, the door slammed in sync with tears rolling off of Eren's eyes.

***

"It looks bad."

"Arh! I knew it. That unhygienic pig bastard." The doctor stifled his sympathetic smile. His oldest patient was currently behind a thick curtain getting his rectum examined. His discarded pants and underwear had huge blobs of dried blood.

The doctor was too shocked to be amused at how Levi was comparing his tormentor to farm animals. Rather than showing signs of trauma, he was going on and on about sanitation.

After the examination was done, Levi took a seat in front of the doctor.

The doctor regarded him for a moment to check for any signs of pain but Levi's face had the same bored look.

"Levi, I have been your doctor for as long as I can remember but I can never get a read on you. You were assaulted and yet you—"

"Yet I what? Should I cry? It isn't even the first time it has happened."

"You mean?"

"Second time this week."

"Same person?"

"No. Different assholes. First one was crotch-kicked before he could get to it . . ."

The doctor clamped his lips knowing that there was more to it.

"I was . . . abused all throughout my early teens. So forgive me if my being unbothered by this appals you. I know thousands of people get raped and succumb to the trauma, but I believe thinking about it will only give it power over me. I can't afford to let that happen."

"I believe you are bothered by it. Whether you acknowledge it or not is completely on your coping mechanism. But repressing and denying unsavoury memories for long will only make you and the ones you love suffer more in the future. I am well aware that I have no authority to ask you about the history of your trauma but I would like to recommend professional help. His way of working is a little eccentric but he is the best in his field and he'll give you the essential tools to help you cope," the doctor fetched a card from his wallet and extended it to Levi.

"I'm not interested in discussing my shit with some Chatty Cathy—"

The doctor gave him a pointed look.

"I'll think about it. What needs to be done for now?"

"Apply this cream in your rectum area for two weeks every morning after having a bath and night before going to sleep," the doctor furiously scribbled a prescription, "and I am writing down another medicine that should be taken as a suppository. Do you have a partner?"

Levi was almost too quick to reply, "Nope."

"You might need assistance in putting the suppository."

"I'll manage. Is that all?"

"Yes. And . . ."

"Hmm."

"I need to talk about the blood samples I received two weeks ago. By Erwin's orders, we had them checked on a priority basis. That boy—"

"Eren?"

"Yes, there is something you should know."

***

~End of Chapter 27~