Chapter 22

Ariana's POV

I take a seat in the usual spot for me and copy down the questions on the board. I'm trying to not think about Jax, but it's kind of hard when he's in all of my classes.

Jax leaves my mind as a boy that I have never seen before walks into the room. He runs his fingers through his brown hair and I can't take my eyes off of his brown eyes. All in all, he's super hot.

"Is this seat taken?" The beautiful stranger asks and I shake my head.

"I'm Mason." Mason smiles, extending his hand.

"Ariana." I gladly shake it back.

"Wow, that's a beautiful name. And it suits such a beautiful girl." He winks. I start to blush like a mad person.

"Yours is too. I mean it's not beautiful...well it is... maybe handsome?" I keep on embarrassing myself.

"I'm sorry, you probably think that I'm such a weirdo." I sigh.

"No, not at all. I actually think that you're pretty awesome." Mason smiles. I can feel eyes burning through me. I turn around to see Jax glaring at me. Why should he care? He cheated on me.

Jax's POV

Is she seriously flirting with this guy in front of me? This is ridiculous. Okay, so I did cheat on her and I regret it every day of my life.

I want to be the jerk that I was before I came to this school. Ariana was right, I am just like my dad. I can't fight it anymore. Andi has been blabbing on about something while she's been sitting next to me, so I cut her off.

"Homecoming. Me and you?" I demand.

"Anything for you, Jaxy." I shudder at the nickname. But, I glance over at Ariana can catch a single tear streaming down her face. There, it's done. Now why do I still feel awful?