Chapter 8

Ariana's POV

Monday

I wait patiently for Jax to pick me up for school. I'm actually not dreading going to school today. Jax makes me happy, just being with him brightens my day.

I see his motorcycle pull into my driveway and I quickly go outside. The last thing I need is my aunt to start asking questions. Jax takes off his helmet and flashes a smile at me.

"Hi, Ari." Jax hands me a helmet and I gladly take it and put it on.

"I like that helmet on you." Jax says and I'm glad I have it on so he can't see me blushing.

"Thanks." I smile and watch him put his helmet on. He starts the motorcycle and we make our way to school.

12:00

"I'll save you a seat at lunch, okay?" Jax says, leaning against my locker.

"Alright, see you there." I smile and watch him walk in the direction of the cafeteria. He's just so perfect.

"Drooling over Jax Novoa? Wrong move, sweetheart." Maddie snickers and I turn around to the panthers. Sophie and Katy are laughing at me as Maddie smirks.

"I wasn't drooling. He's my best friend." I defend myself.

"Yeah, right. You are totally falling for him. News flash, he still likes Emma. You will never have a chance against her. I mean, c'mon, just look in the mirror." Maddie says to me. I feel my self esteem being lowered as she continues to berate me.

"Your parents must be so disappointed in you. You're such a failure." I can't take anymore as I run away into the janitor's closet. Luckily, this isn't the one where Miss Information does her show.

I cry into my hands over all the hurtful things she said to me. Doesn't she have a soul? How can you just do that to someone? I'm a human being and I deserved to be treated like one.

I'm not sure if she knows that I don't have parents, but either way, she took it too far.

Jax's POV

I tap my foot impatiently and wait for Ari to come to lunch. She wouldn't stand me up, right? No, Jax, she isn't like that.

"Jax, are you alright?" Emma gently shakes my arm. I look over at her and shake my head.

"Ari was supposed to meet us for lunch." I state.

"Maybe she got caught up in class?" Daniel suggests.

"No, I just talked to her at her locker and it's not that far from here."

"Maybe she's getting sick of you Jax." Andi says and I glare at her.

"Andi, stop. That's not true, Jax." Emma comforts me.

"And she can't keep on hanging around us, we don't need anyone else finding out that witches are real." Andi says.

"I guess you are right, Andi-"

"No, she's not right! Ari can know because..." I stop.

"Because why?" They all question me. Would Ari want me telling them?

"Because... Because she's a witch." I wonder if I'll regret telling them.

"Are you serious?" They all ask in unison.

"I have to go find her." I stand up from my seat and start to roam the halls. I need to find her, I hope she didn't ditch me.

I walk past the janitor's closet and get a small feeling that she might be in there. My hand grips the doorknob as I slowly turn it and push the door open.

I see Ariana in the corner, curled up in a ball and just staring out the small window. I walk over and take a seat next to her, analyzing her tear stained cheeks.

"Ari?" I cup her cheek with my hand. Ariana looks over at me with puffy eyes.

"Sorry, I completely forgot about lunch." Ariana sniffles.

"That isn't what matters right now. Why are in here?" I look around the room at the janitor supplies.

"I guess to just get away."

"Get away from what?"

"My stupid life." She wipes her eyes with her hands. I take her small hands in my bigger ones.

"Your life isn't stupid. Every life has meaning. Maybe you just haven't found yours yet."

"Well how am I supposed to find it?" She asks with wide eyes.

"You can't just look for it. It'll find you, or maybe you've already found it." I stare into her brown eyes and crack a smile. Ariana smiles back at me.

"Now will you tell me why you're in here." I raise an eyebrow at her.

"Fine." She rolls her eyes and starts her story.

______________

This may have been a snooze but it was important! Especially the part with Ari and Jax!

Vote!

Comment!

~ Trinity xoxo