Chapter 9 Bad Moon Rising

Start from the beginning

Everyone needs their beauty sleep.

Jokes aside though, the moment Toby had pulled you into the safety of the bedroom, you could not stop crying; was it from relief, was it from sadness, was it because your brain had finally farted and didn't know how to hide it, you had no absolute idea other than the certainty that these woods and Slenderman's realm were no longer safe... well as safe as a place festered with deranged killers can be.

The Proxies, for the first time since you met them seemed utterly concerned; Kate was restless, shifting her weight from one foot to the other, Tim was pacing up and down, passing his hand through his already disheveled hair and swearing, while Hoody emitted what you would call lethal death stares and ominous aura from under his mask. The only jolly and absolutely giving zero fucks, was Toby as usual, who was more occupied with gulfing down whatever was left in the Proxies fridge than anything else. As for you, you were trying to stop the profuse bleeding of your palm and actually start talking without coughing up blood; you'd give it to Michael, he might have been just a small poke, but his grip on the metal rod was adamant, hurting your throat more than you thought. You could barely breathe through it, much less speak, yet you weren't hurt enough for the healing capabilities of Slenderman's mark to be triggered. In other words, fuck you.

What also didn't help was the fact the Proxies needed some answers and there was no paper on sight for you to write them down for them.

So doing your best to speak, sounding like the better version of Vin Diesel, you explain exactly what happened with Michael and how he had ended up killing the rest of his fellow Proxies, as well as doing it to please some unknown people or forces that might be roaming around the woods. All of them agreed that there is absolutely no way for any foreigners to enter the woods whatsoever since this place was actually a fucked up Narnia; Slenderman's power protects this place from any unauthorized infiltration and no one can come in or go without the Being knowing so. Even the Proxies that live in here have their locations known every single minute; he would be excellent in Goggle Maps, that's for sure. But for traitor Proxies to dwell in Proxy houses outside these woods, this is a possibility but a highly dangerous one. It would only mean that their houses are compromised and weeding them out, however easy it would be to locate silver marks and veins, would cause uproar. An uproar would only mean more enemies would arise, willing to grab the opportunity presented and make a lot of damage.

Still, there was absolutely no way to let this issue be.

So, without further thought, they sounded the alarm that a dangerous virus was out there and all Proxies and Allies must immediately retreat either into the Slender Woods or their assigned houses outside of it.

Up until now, day number two, no one had come back and just between me and you, you're really anxious about it, spending these past days filled with horror of what the future or how crazy the new additions might be.

If you had to guess, you're prepared to get royally fucked.

'How are you feeling ______?' you had heard Kate walking up to you long before she actually did, her footsteps being way lighter than any of the others, yet still audible despite the awful weather. The girl sits down beside you and you can feel her gaze at the side of your face as she wraps her hands around her knees to protect herself from the cold and stares off into the distance like you're in some cowboy movie; you wouldn't really mind a reverse Brokeback Mountain, since she's the least dangerous of them all.

Dude, this ain't a yuri manga...

'Like I've been hit by a truck on a highway.' Your voice was too strained to rise above a pained whisper and when you cough violently, it feels like Wolverine had punched you straight in the throat.