46: worst guy! Ever!

Start from the beginning

He just laughed and sat beside Dad. "Mapagbiro talaga 'tong si Pi. So , Vander, parang anak ko na rin si Pi and as much as possible I only want what's best for her. Handa ka na ba para magkapamilya?"

"I'm here to dahil handa akong panagutan si Pi," sagot ni Ryu.

Napamasahe si daddy sa kanyang sintido. "I want grandchildren, that's for sure pero... You're a Vander.

"And what does my name has something to do with this?" Rocket asked.

"Business," sabat ulit ni Flavio. Can I just shove his dirty socks on his mouth so he'll shut the fuck up?

"I'm marrying Pi because we're having a baby, not because of business."

Right. We're not the typical rich kids who will marry for business sake. We fucked, forget condoms and a baby is a consolation prize.

But wouldn't it be better to hear someone says, I'm marrying Pi because I love her, not because of business? But no, I won't hear such reply dahil una sa lahat ay parehas lamang kaming hindi mahal ang isa't-isa. The sexual pull is strong, definitely on another level ngunit sapat kaya iyon na rason para magpakasal kami?

Rocket only asked me for marriage because he doesn't want an illegitimate child at ako? I don't believe in marriage. For me it's just a piece of paper.

"You're right," sagot ni daddy. "I like you boy. Kailan kayo mamamanhikan?"

What.

What?

***

RYU

Why am I in this old man's library with him? Dala pa rin niya ang kanyang shotgun and I fear if I say something he doesn't like, I may not have the opportunity to see my kid.

Kaya kailangan kong maging maingat sa isasagot ko sa mga katanungan niya. When he invited me here, alone, I was afraid of whatever he wants to do.

But he put down his gun and flipped through his huge shelves and pulled something. Bahagya pa niya iyong hinipan upang maalis ang nga alikabok.

It was an old photo album.

"Tingnan mo ang anak ko rito, isn't she the prettiest kid during her kindergarten?" nakangiting wika niya at tinuro ang lumang larawan ni Pi kasama ang ilang mga bata. She's the kid with ear-level hair with bangs, bungisngis at walang dalawang ngipin sa harap.

She's so cute. She looks like that one smart kid way back in kindergarten. Marami pa siyang larawan na ipinakita. Sa playground, sa blackboard habang nagsusulat ng mga letra, there was even a picture of her in pink tutu.

"Nakangiti siya sa mga larawang ito dahil mommy niya ang kumuha," kwento ni Antonio Bellomo. "She's her first teacher, her best friend, her source of happiness and her everything but then some evil people took away this sweet smile of her."

The next photos he showed me were pictures of older Pi. She has shiny hair up to her shoulders ngunit sa mga larawan ay hindi na siya nakangiti. She's just stiffed and looking bored.

"Nang mawala ang mommy niya, nag-iba na ang anak ko. I don't even recognize her anymore. Young man, hindi sa ayaw kong makasal kayo pero kung sasaktan mo lang din naman siya, pwede ba ngayon na lang? Dont make her fall for you so bad before
you hurt her. My daughter has suffered enough."

"Sir..."

"To be honest, my daughter's not well, mentally. Her trauma of her mother's death caused her to become a sociopath. I don't want to make her see a shrink for therapeutic sessions and besides, she won't accept that she's mentally ill so she won't take any medication. How can I assure that my daughter will be fine... With you? "

Yup, titless is a sociopath. From the start, she showed signs of it. She's manipulative at some point, charming yet hostile. How many times have I seen her shoot people without remorse? Her murderous tendencies when pissed. How she killed some people with her shoes' heel. When people pissed her, she tends to be always aggravated. She controls people through intimidation and threats.

But a part of me wanted to disagree.

She's not that emotionless at all. May mga pagkakataong nakakaramdam siya ng guilt o di kaya ay awa lalo na sa mga matatanda at bata.

"Sir I may not be the best man but I will try to be better for your daughter," matatag kong sagot. Titless is so lucky to have a father who thinks of her above all.

He smiled in relief. "My princess deserves better."

"All the best Sir."

***

Pi

"How did it go?" tanong ko nang salubungin ko siya sa labas ng study ni dad. They've been inside for some time. Daddy was hugging his favorite shotgun when they entered and now tapping Rocket's back as he laughed when they come out.

I don't think Ryu is the type who spills some stupid joke and my dad isn't the type who laughs like a retard over nonsense matter. He laughs when he looks forward in the future. That curve in his lips is automatic when it comes to that.

"You made my dad laugh," sabi ko habang tinatanaw si daddy na papalayo.

"Why, is he that hard to please?"

I shrugged. "Not really but it's seldom to see him like that. At hindi siya basta-basta nagtitiwala, maliban na lamang kay Flavio na ang galing magpaikot."

He just shrugged and stared at me for some time.

"What?" untag ko sa kanya.

He shook his head pulled me towards him and slung an arm on my shoulders. "I met your dad already, your turn to meet mine."

"What?!" bahagya akong lumayo sa kanya.

"By the way I have a gift for you in the car. Come on."

A gift! I hopped back towards him, "okay let's go!"

He shook his head in disbelief at hinila ko siya palabas ng bahay. A gift! I want that gift!

"What's your dad like?"

He blinked. "He doesn't really care that much so I think you'll be fine. If you love guns, you'll get along."

"Oh my! We're gonna be bff!" sagot ko.

Surprisingly, he opened the car's door for me. Nang pumasok ako ay ikinabit pa niya ang seat belt para sa akin bago siya pumasok sa kabilang pinto.

I opened my palm in front of me. "Where's my gift?"

He started the engine before reaching to the glove box and pulled a rectangular velvet box!

Oh my gosh!

Is it a necklace?

A bracelet?

Maybe a set!

I bet it's expensive!

Mabilis na binuksan ko iyon at agad na napalis ang ngiti ko nang makita ko ang laman.

A Christian Dior Iconic Extreme Waterproof Mascara.

Yes, it's expensive but what the hell?

I frowned at him. "You're the worst guy! Ever!"

#

ShinichiLaaaabs✒️