Chapter 32

I had never expected the story to go like this. I never thought of Adon's and Mia's bond to be too strong this way. I felt ashamed to admit that I had felt a drop of jealousy in their relationship.

"Beth."

"Yeah Mia."

"I know what you are thinking."

Holy crap. I forgot the mind reading thing.

She gave a chuckle. "The more and more I get to know you the easier it would be to get hold of you."

"It's not like that."

"Well... Not much to bother there but..."

"Well you are saying that you fairies also have the strength to read mind." I frequently forget about Lav's presence there.

"Most can but rarely don't. We cannot do much with the royals." Mia explained.

"So,  am I in the safe zone."

Mia gave it a thoughtful look. "I am not sure. You are a completely different person. Your blood is different. Actually I don't know anything about you other than your name and some other stuff which Beth had shared with us."

"Cool." Lav mumbled.

"I wish for the same." I let out a sigh to which Mia gave a helpless look.

"Anyway Beth the things I came to tell you was different. Never let Adon down. He is all alone. Yeah... Apart from me he has no one. I can see the changes you have made in him. Before meeting you he was a complete asshole. He used to get angry and frustrated for simple reasons. He used to jump out during nights from nightmares. But you...you have changed everything. I can see that more than anyone else."

I didn't knew what to say. I haven't thought much like this. One reason was that I was completely into myself that I didn't bother to care for the people around me. I felt so shameful on myself. "I will never leave Adon."

Mia smiled. "You promise me."

"I promise."

"And me too." It was Lav again.

We all laughed. "I promise you too stupid." We continued to laugh. I was glad to get ride of the tension in the air.

______________________________________

I found Adon at the training field right to Mia's information. He was practicing sword fighting with a companion. He saw me coming in his direction that he stopped whatever it was he was doing.

"Let's stop for now." He murmured to the other.

"Adon." He pretended not to hear me. "Adon." I tried to catch up with him when he started moving forward. "Adon we need to talk." I said grabbing hold of his shoulder. My voice came out little more louder than expected. Everyone present there turned their attention towards us.

"Beth. This is not the time. We can talk about this later." With that he backed off leaving me behind with tears when an arm scoped its way through my waist. I spun around causing the tears to roll down. I saw myself staring at Jaq... Peter.

"What are you staring at, pretty?"

Mind that I didn't like the way he commented on me. "Well I was checking for Adon." I lied which he seemed to know.

"I thought I saw him passing forward without taking a glance at you."

"Mmmm. Yeah. We had a fight on something silly. Could mind the way please?" I said trying to excuse myself.

"Sure. I hope to meet afterwards." I do not.

When I was about to leave I heard a voice from behind. "Beth. I am hear."

Adon.

I stole a quick glance at Peter. He as I guessed did not seem pleased to see Adon. "Well I think you have been searching for me baby."

Baby!!

Suddenly I understood the situation. "Ummmm yeah. I was..."

"Yeah. Whatever. Let's go now."

We made it past Peter now that we are almost out of his sight when Adon started yelling at me. "For God sake Beth. Are you this dumb to jump in front of him."

"What do you mean? I didn't jump in front of him. I didn't knew he was there. And also you were the one who left me there."

For a moment I saw guilt in his eyes and the next moment it was filled with anger for which I blamed myself. He walked past me into the palace hall leaving with me no other option but to follow him. I was damn sure that he was stealing glances back in my direction from his shoulders.

"There you two are." We looked straight to see that we have matched into the throne room and grandpa was there sitting on the throne with his guards and a man whom I suppose his minster beside him. Even Adon seemed confused with what we had gotten into.

"Yes Your Majesty." He said bowing down. I did the same. "I knew both of you are restless about the recent happenings. Anyway I am glad that we have found the head of the whole bloody occurances. "We have found the cause of the night's attack."

"What?"