Chapter 20

Again there comes me!!!
A big wave to all those who gave a chance to my book.

I really would like to wonder what had actually kept my book going.
I was really busy with my finals the whole week that I had failed to update at the correct time.

Now here is another wink from the author of the Lost Brown with another chapter.

I wish you all a good time reading it.

Happy Reading ^^
______________________________________

I didn't knew how it felt to have someone's lips on mine. I always considered it sought of weird. The true fact was that I couldn't help myself from thinking of the moment that I had shared with Adon a few minutes ago. I was lying flat on my bed staring at the ceiling above. It was at least the thousandth time that my mind wander through the incident. I was disturbed from my thoughts with a gentle knock on the door.

"Come in." I called out.

"Your Majesty, you are wanted by the king in throne room." The guard stood there with his head bowed low in respect. "I had come to escort you to meet him."

"I would be coming for sure. Give me minute to get well." The guard turned and left for the door closing it behind. Why the hell do I have to meet grandpa now?? I didn't knew but something was making me frustrated from going to him. Not that I don't like him just that I think after the conversation we had last time not so long before it will not be that good toeet him soon. Usually kings don't forget those who misbehave with them very easily especially if that person is that much important to them.

I moved to the wardrobe to see for the most suitable outfit I could get. I thought it would be better to move out in casual wears. I chose a sky blue jeans and a black velvet middle length top that was perfect against my colour.
______________________________________

Actually the throne room looked really magnificent just like in my dream apart from some differences here and there. The guard gestured me to go forward and stood at his foot as if coming more closer would burn his limbs. The huge metallic doors of the throne room slide aside paving way inside. I had expected to see a huge crowd in front like I saw in my dream. But to my surprise and relief there were only a handful of people staring at my arrival along with the king. Adon, Mia, a guard who had first welcomed our arrival, the one who seemed a buddy of Adon, a tall lean lady in white fury coat with long nails painted in dark blue and with long eyelashes whom I failed to recognize and some guards and of coarse the king, grandpa.

I moved closer in the direction of Mia and Adon who stood left to the king who was sitting of coarse on the throne. I caught Adon's eyes pleading to tell me something. His eyes moved to and fro from me to somewhere else...to the middle of the room. I seriously don't appreciate to stand in middle of this whole drama. Again as I said I have already been written on the bad side of the king and I don't want to create much chaos in between. I without much hesitance stepped to the front.

The woman in the white coat was staring at me with nothing but pure hatred in her eyes. I have not met her before and still from the first sight itself I can tell that she is not that much font of me.

"Beth." Grandpa sounded like he was sitting there without his complete will. "I need you to meet one of the important member of our family." He moved his head in the direction of the woman. "My sister, your mother's aunt, Maelba." I bowed low to show my made-up-on-the-spot politeness. Melba didn't seem interested in me that she turned towards the king without giving much care to my presence.

"Your Majesty, I think our little princess is not that aware of the royal gestures and manners." Her voice itself had the taste of venom. It was artificially sweet that has the ability to drag anyone and anything into rattrap. Her pupil guarded with long thick eyelashes showed nothing but anger and hatredness. Still she managed to paste a false smile on her upretty pretty face.

"What are you trying to tell, Melba?" The king suddenly seem to grew anxious.

"It's nothing much to worry about, brother." The word brother had not a drop of sincerity. "I was telling that our little princess has come from a totally different world with different culture and many other system. If you don't mind it would be my pleasure to make sure that she is fit to rule the kingdom at the right time." Grandpa looked at her doubtfully making sure if that's the only that in her mind. "Well... I mean that if you allow, I can ask Peter to train her in all fields." The concentration of venom in her voice was increasing beyond limits. Unlike me no one seem to notice it even Adon. But there was something that was playing on all of their faces. Pure hatred. Anger. Annoyness.

So I understood something else. This person called Peter whoever he is nobody seemed to be interested. If it is a person recommended by a venomous person like Melba then the rest is for my guess. And actually forgot to say, I kind of feel like kicking her ass off when she refers to me as little princess.

"Well what I actually thought was that Beth was bought here safe and out of harm in a really good condition by Adon. I had already planned this but was waiting to present this before everyone after getting a proper chance. Adon had grown inside the palace since he was at the crawling stage I know him very well and that also be is very loyal to Alma. So the decision is there is currently no other better person than Adon also he is the army general." At each words those were splitting from the king Melba's face grew more and more fiercesome.  Just like me knew exactly what the king is going to speaking next. The only difference is that I am excited about it while she is desperatly kicking herself.

"I need Beth to attain skills in all the fields that are best for the future queen from the best. As I said before this is the decision. Adon will give training to Bethernia from the very next day." Everyone except Melba turned to bright face. Even the guards I could see under their helmet, they were simply smiling. After a while that I has recognised, Adon was staring at me. And me...I was smiling wide at him like an idiot. "So its settled then. The meeting is dismissed.
_______________________________________

Adon offered to lead me back to my chambers. I understood from his face that he had something there to talk to me. After all after the incidents that had happened for the past few hours we really didn't get a chance to talk to each other. I gladly accepted the offer and Mia slid away with the excuse of work in the kitchen. We were about to turn the corridor when the head aching voice stopped us from behind.

"I hope you will be able to train the princess well, young general." Melba way standing with a brown stick in her hand which I soon recognised as wand. As soon as facing her Adon's face had turned tighter. "Of coarse, my lady. I will be trying my level beast." The devil looking lady moved past Adon and closer to me. "So how do you feel about our palace princess? Do you find anything uncomfortable?"

I was one hundred percent sure that she was not asking this out of concern. I tried my maximum to be polite. "No my lady. Everything and everyone is good here. And also the palace is magnificent and amazing." She gave me a sweet but cold smile. "Then it is a pity that you were not able to impress the king on your meeting."

Before I could give her a reply Adon pushed me aside. "Actually the princess is a little tired so if you don't mind I need to take her to her chamber. Also its an order from the king." I exactly new that the king had not ordered such a thing but I decided to follow what Adon says. At the mention of the king Melba moved aside to give us the way. Even while walking by I could sense her eyes glaring at us.