Chapter 31

Those five to seven words were enough for my questions. Those words prevented me from asking anything further. "Then why the name Jaques?"

"He is known by the name Peter. But his real name is Jaques. Rarely do anyone call him Jaques even his own parents or himself. Strange that he introduced himself as Jaques."

Now that the wrong feeling over him grew even more. Only a single person can give me exact answer to this. "I need to find Adon."

"But I thought..."

"Yes. We are not in a great mood." I cut off Mia. "But still I need to talk to him."

"Ok as you wish. But before that I have to tell you something else."

"Is it something about him?" She answered with a node.

"There are something more you have to know about Adon which only a few know." I leaned forward to get a clear hearing. "Not here. We can go to the park to have something fresh inside."

_____________________________________

"I knew Adon since childhood. I am an only child who had always wanted a brother or a sister. My father was one of the guards in the palace. One of the kings trusted one. Mom worked with the maids. She had special powers of doing work easily in an unusual fast way. She also had the power to cure even though she she did not do surgical procedures.

One day our kingdom faced an attack from the nearby kingdom. By father fought the battle bringing victory to us along with a sad news. One of the warrior, his childhood friend lost his life in the battle. He had a son of my own age. His wife had died at the time of the birth of their son. Now that the boy is all along on his own. With the king's permission dad was allowed to bring him to our house. My mother was glad to have him with us as he was not only her husband's friend's son but also her nephew. His mother was her own sister. I jumped with joy to have a friend and a brother to share everything I had. We spent every moment together. We shared everything we had. Including parents. Gradually he was coming back to normal life. I could not think of a moment without Adon beside me.

After few days the kingdom was celebrating our victory. Every citizen of the kingdom was invited to the palace regardless of their kind. The whole kingdom was dancing in happiness when that happened. There was a traitor in our kingdom. One of the cook. He had poisoned the food that was prepared for the king.

Fortunately or unfortunately the food was by mistake given to one of the guests. That was enough to understand what was going on. A thorough checking went through the palace and finally we were able to catch the culprit. One of the cook. He did it for the other kingdom as we won over them and they tried to kill our king to take revenge. Following that another war was declared on that kingdom. We won and took over their land. The king of the other land was slaughtered to death. But in that war many other lost life including my father. Many families became helpless including us. My mother was not able to believe on father's death. She became half insane. She always became more and more close to herself. He always locks herself in her bedroom and cries. All those days Adon was the only person I had who held me up. Every moment I used to thank dad for the gift he had given to me before he had left us.

After dad died the royal family selected Adon into his place. Moreover his own dad was a soldier so obviously the post was passed down to him. Many days later mom died of heartbreak. And Adon became my one and only family. I, his. When he had to go for training I was left alone in the house. To avoid that he requested king to take me to the palace. But the king was not agreeing me to accompany him saying it will distract him from his training. We both were so young at that time that we could not stay away a minute from each other. So the king decided to make me stay in the palace with the tile of maid. Adon was in disagreement with the opinion but I said yes as I would get chances of meeting him when he is at the training. And in the evening we would go to home together.

As days passed Adon grew to be more and more a warrior. This kept him busy most of the days. Even though he was not taken for wars considering his age he proved to show death to any of the opponents at a very younger age. I spent those times with young maids of my own age inside the palace. At the time of important meetings and events we both were busy. Me inside the palace whereas he outside. Even though he was busy mostly he used to find enough time to come and gather news about me.

There is something that is kept only between me and him. Near our house there is a small yard. The memories of our parents are buried there. Both of us go there on the evening light of the full moon day of every month and spend the night with our parents.

_____________________________________

I didn't knew anything about Adon's past. Now I knew not only his but also Mia's.

"I recollect something he had told about my mother. That he had seen her once he was young."

"That's true. Princess Natalia, his mother and my mother were good friends. They had knew each other since very younger age. My mother and Aunt Rose, that's his mother's name, they were both married off at the same time. Still they managed to leave in nearby houses. They still had contacts with Princess Natalia. They all led a happy life for almost two years."

"Then... Then what happened?" My anxiety was growing at fever pitch.

"I don't know." Everything shattered to ground.

"What do you mean? Telling these many things you tell that you don't know what is needed to be known."

"Beth. It is not easy to understand these kind of things. I came to know all these within so many years. It took of course will take time." I node my head in understanding.

"Your mom might have been able to tell you." She shook her head.

"These many information I got was from her. And some from dad. After the disaster that took place with us she refused to speak to anyone." She stared at the ground.

"I am sorry." Suddenly I felt regret for what I had said.

"I could not blame her. It was all too much for her to take at that very younger age. She was halfly disappointed when her sister died. Married life cost her too much even though she had a loving husband." Silence for a while. Then she continued. "The life of women are mostly terrible. Their life gets changed so fast without giving them a chance of thought. Knowingly or unknowingly."

I nodded. "True."