Chapter 23

I was walking through the corridor that leads to the king's chamber. Some part of me was pulling myself from walking forward. I reached at the doors and asked the guards standing by to seek the permission of the king. One of them went inside and in a minute I was called in.

Grandpa was standing in front of a desk waiting for me. I came closer as his smile grew wide. I knew that there was always a soft corner somewhere for me or anywhere.

"What is it Beth? Is there something troubling you?" His voice was filled with love and concern which warmed my heart.

"Its just that I would like to know more about this...this thing about me being the saviour and the things regarding the lost book-Brown." I guess him to be angry or annoyed with my lack of impatience but instead he smiled.

"You are so much like your mother." He said to my surprise. Those the were the words that I had lastly expected from him. "Your mother didn't had much patience in knowing things that concerned her. You remind me much of my lost daughter." His voice was changed from concern to grief. I couldn't but feel sorry for him. He turned to face the mirror behind checking his appearance but I surely knew that it was to hide the tears that were flooding his eyes from me.

"I actually thought of revealing everything regarding who you are as soon as possible. But I thought maybe you would require a little more time to get adapted to the new environment." He let out a sigh. "Now I think that it is time for you to know everything. I can make sure that Adon helps you with whatever you need to know."

I was about to turn around and leave when his voice held me back. "I forgot to ask one thing Beth. How are the things going on between you and Adon?" This I really never never expected that too from my own grandfather. Frankly you cannot blame me for blushing right. When your own grandparents ask about how you are going on with your romantic life then what kind of reaction can you expect. He somehow didn't seemed to wait for a reply. Turning to the drawer her pressed a red ball like thing and two guards came in.

"Guards, you may take Princess Bethernia to her room."

Getting released from the shock or confusion or whatever you may call it, I found my voice. "Its ok. I can go on my own."
______________________________________

My sleep was interrupted with loud horns blewing from every corner of the palace. The sun was still at sleep and the sky was pitch black. I ran out from the cosy bed and reached out to see through the window. The palace was lit very brightly. All the room and corridors which could be seen from my room was busy.

People rushing around something orders mainly I could hear only confused cries. Also I noticed something strange. Everyone even should I could see only shadows through every room was flying. Don't misunderstand. I know that here everyone can fly. Even I came flying(not with my own wings)with Adon. But from the time I arrived in Alma till now I had seriously not seen anyone flying literally.

The lambs that decorate the garden below was illuminated in a fantastic way only that it showed some kind of danger.

The doors of my room was banged hard making me jump. Why can't anyone have the manners to kock softly or to ask in sweet seeking voice 'May I come in.'? Before I could decide to welcome the intruder in the doors were pushed wide open. Beyond the doors I could hear screams and clattering sounds of weapons. I had little time to sense what was happening when the intruder covered completely in black came rushing and wrapped an arm around my mouth. I struggled against him but was of no use. The intruder was strictly build up. Another arm took hold of my waist and pulled me across the room. I struggled more to get free when something hit my head hard and soon I backed off.
_______________________________________

When I opened my eyes I was in some kind of cellar. I looked around but no one I could see. The room was pitch black. I really can't decide whether it is because the room is painted black or because no light enters it or because I somehow had gone blind. I caught a slight movement in one of the corners.

"Who is there?" My voice trembled like hell with fear.

When no answer came I decided to raise my voice. "Tell me who is there, please." I sounded damn weak that I was at the verge of crying. A shadow moved on the wall. It seemed to be coming nearer. Soon I recognised a dim light that was peeping through a tiny whole on the edge of the roof. The person whoever it is stepped out of darkness into the thin beam of light. I know that I know him. He was for sure the same one who dragged me from the palace to this cellar. I couldn't see his face as it was covered in black shawl.

The man came closer and I edged back. He put out his hand forward to touch me. I, without taking much time to think grabbed the man's hand and shoved him straight to the wall. The man yelled in pain. I released his hand quickly. Somehow I recognised that voice. It was very familiar. The man moved aside. He bought his hand to his face and dragged the shawl that was tucked under his chin revealing his face.

I was not able to see him until he moved towards the dim light. I let out a gasp. My throat fell dry. Saliva might have stopped to work from the shock.

Adon!!

_______________________________________

Oh oh!!

Anyway why did Adon do such a thing?

He had kidnapped Beth already once, right? Then why again? What is the purpose of this act?

To find out turn the page and look by yourself.

Hold on!! Had anyone ever wondered why noone in Alma is seen flying? Or why is Beth not trying to fly? Where are her wings hidden?

For that too you have to keep on turning the pages.

Till we meet the next time...
Bi...

<QOM>