Chapter 4

All viens through out my body was about to burst. I doubted whether what he said was wrong or whether it was the problem with my stupid ears. I turned to have a look at Lav who was equally wonder struck at his words that the sandwich almost went down her hand. Adon took the two glasses of juice and insisted us to have it to pass both the sandwich bits and the bits of truth down the throat. Lav quickly gulped a full mouth but I couldn't take anything inside until knowing this whole stuff of truth.

"A half breed?" I managed to say. "What do you mean?"

"What I said. That you are a half breed."

For a moment I almost forgot how to breath. "Half breed? You mean born from two different species?" Lav asked. With wonder struck eyes. Adon gave her a nod. "But she is still human." She said eyeing me as if seeing me for the first time and that I came from space. "Or are you gonna tell that she will turn something weird like that of a fairy tale." Mind her. She won't stop babbering if she gets excited.

"Yes that's what I was about to tell."

We opened our mouth simultaneously thinking of what we just heard. "Oh my! I just had a doubt and it is now about to happen." Lav started again. I gave her a helpless look.

"No no no. Its not that I ment what exactly you said. But half. About the fairy."

"Fairy?" We spoke up together.

"You mean the fairies, magic sticks,fairy godmother,magic etc like that in Cinderella?" I asked.

"I didn't get what you are saying." Adon was looking at me as if I just said a foreign language. "You mean Cinderella?" Of course. You say you don't know about it?" I asked with widened eyes.

"See you might be amazed. But in our land there is no such thing as Cinderella."

"Your land? You mean you came from some other land?" He nodded. I didn't known what to say. Lav was patiently waiting for a conclusion, looking at each others mouth. "Ok. Now leave this stuff about this Cinderella. Let me continue." We leaned close together to get a better picture at this thing. "Earth is not my world. Humans are not my fellow colleagues. I come from another land. Another world. The world of magic." I tried hard to sink his words into my brain but thousands of questions erupted inside. "I came here as apart of a quest. The quest was the one which each and every fairy wish to achieve."

"Wait wait wait..." Lav came up with one of her doubts. "So you are saying that...that you are a fairy?"

"Yes." He gave the reply with the slightest expression.

"What was the quest?" I managed to say after hearing that the person sitting next to me is a fairy himself. Adon is a fairy.

"The quest was to find our saviour. Each fairy get chance to go and find our savior each year. For the past nineteen years nineteen fairies had gone for the quest to find our mighty saviour but all came back with empty hands. I am the twentyth one. "

"So did you find this person?" Next question from Lav and he gave a nod.

"Yes."

"Who is it?" Asked both of us out of excitement.

"The savior is the person to whom I am explaining all this stuff."

Oh cool! So he says that we are the saviour or one among us. Before me or Lav could ask any further questions he continued. "I know you are equally excited and confused but first these all should sink properly into you. You are the saviour. You are the only one who can save our land." Adon's eyes where not moving from me. For some reason I felt uncomfortable. "What should we do and why are we involved in this fairy stuff?" Lav asked.

"Its not you both but she..." Adon's both eyes and hand was pointing at me. My head was spinning a thousand times around the room. I literally felt that I was about to back out. I opened my mouth to say something but was cut crossed by Adon. "And for your question why you or mainly she, is involved in this is because she is not only our saviour but also our 'never-known-princess'." My mouth was hanging open. This was too much for a human could get into just within one single day.

"Princess?" This time it was Lav. "You mean my best friend is a princess?" Adon nodded. "Oh my God! I never thought that a fairy tale would be twisted in our life." I saw excitement and bits of joy in her eyes. But for me...I didn't knew what I was feeling. It was a mixture of excitement and confusion. How can I be a princess and how am I connected to them and all this stupid facts. "Its a good question,Bethernia." Adon interrupted my thoughts. I looked at him doubtfully. He read my thoughts? That's strange. "You can read mind? Are you a kind of mentalist?"

He gave a cute laugh. "Actually no. Fairies don't have to go and study psyco and mentalism to know others."

Cool he was a fairy... I was a fool to miss that part.

"And the answer for your question is the major part in the tale." I leaned in more close to him to hear this major part. "You are connected to this is through your mother. She is a fairy."

My mouth was hung open till this time. But now it was closed. I cannot hold this anymore. My throat went sore and saliva was missing inside my mouth that it all went dry at once. "Mom?" I had never seen my mom in my life. Well, maybe I had but I was too young to remember. Dad always avoided the conversation regarding mom. At least I knew it was not because of hatredness. But due to the heavy lose in his heart. There were letters written for mom in his drawer, from which I concluded that she ment heaven and earth to him. She was all he had and when she was gone it was like a part of his heart and soul was ditached from him. The only reason why he lives now is became of me. And if something happens to him... The thought of dad brought water to my eyes. I tried to hide it from Adon and Lav by turning my head the other side. Lav sensed what I felt and wrapped a supportive hand around me. Adon moved to the table and picked a bottle of water and handed it to me. I took it greatly from him and had a mouthful gulp. I turned towards Adon and motioned my eyes, telling him to go on with the updates.

"Well, I hope you can tell her mother's name." Lav said rubbing her palm on my shoulder to keep me calm. She knew everything that no one else know about me. She know about my life. Like no one else in this world. I have not even seen a single photo of mom or I didn't knew even her name.

"There is no one in the land of Alma who doesn't knew her. She was the air. She was the sky. She was the land. She was the water. She was the living soul of our kingdom. She was the only daughter of our King Emarvel." Adon sucked air deep in. His eyes were having an unusual glittering and it was the glow of pride. It was the glow of faith and respect.

"Princess Natalia."