Chapter 13

I held my breath in the throat while walking towards him. He was in a green embroidered dress with a chain of three layers running over his chest from neck. The chain had a pendant which I had seen somewhere but before I could get a better look at it he turned around to face the other side iof the room. His room was twice the size of mine. It was decorated with polished wooden furnitures and beautiful paintings on the wall. The bed was covered in silky smooth white sheet making it look cosier than anything. The bed itself was wide such that it can easily accommodate ten at a time.

Above the bed on the wall was the painting of two women. They looked alike. Just like identical twins. They both had blue eyes and white snowy wings. They were both pale but glowing in beauty. I suddenly recollected what Adon had said to me. White wings were found only among the royals. That means...

"Yes. That is your mother and grandmother. And you look exact like both."

Grandpa's sound was not like that of an old man's. He sounded as if yesterday he celebrated his fortyth b'day. And he read my thoughts. I looked back at the picture. Its the first time I saw my mom. But I failed to recognize which is mom and which is grandma.

"I know it is difficult to distinguish between the two also you are seeing them for the first time and is not used to the faces." Again he is reading my thoughts. Can I have my own privacy please? I thought and secretly hoped that he didn't hear it. He turned towards me holding a box in his hands.

"Come near me Beth." I tried to move towards him but for some reason I could not. I was glued to the spot. He waited for me to take my time and approach him but I could not move because I was nervous. It was the first time I am experiencing such a situation. It was the first time I am meeting someone that belongs to my mother. When he understood what was wrong with me he took his steps forward and reached for my hand. The very touch of him pulsed a feel of warmth inside me. He pulled me close in his embrace and planted a small kiss on my forehead. It made me forget all my problems. I felt like finally I have reached in safe hands. He pulled me back and wiped the stream of tears that was running through his face.

"Beth I want you to have and keep this all to yourself." He said extending the box to me. I held my hand out and took it from him. I tried to open it but found it locked. I looked at him confused. He gave me a smile.

"It's locked."

"Do you have the key?" I asked without looking at him, giving my entire concentration on the box.

"No. I don't have it. But you have."

I snapped my head at him. "What do you mean by that?" I cannot understand what hr is trying to say. I just landed on Alma and its the first time that I am seeing him and I am only coming to understand things at the fairy land.

"You have the key to the box my child."

"Oh you say that it is in my room?"

He smiled at me before giving me the entire clue. "It is there in your room if you are there. It is now here because you are here. It is thee where ever you are. You are the key to the box."

"Me?" I stared blank. "But still why can't I open it? And what is inside it?"

"It is your grandmother's. She left it behind for you."

"My grandma's? She left it for me?" He gave me a node. "But how? How did she know about me? And how did she know that I would come here?"

The few of many questions that were running around in my head exploded at a second. I expected the king to get angry for my lack of manners and respect at least that is how it should be right, with a king. But he was standing there giving me a warm smile like he was seeing a small child of age not more than five... Yes! Now it occurred to me what. He was seeing his own daughter in me. My mom.