Chapter 18

Hi...
That's all I have now to say;)

Happy reading ^^

I lost the count on time when finished with the Tree of Fortune. Just in time a familiar pleasant voice interrupted us.

"Finished with your crazy stories, Mia?" Adon came running towards us wearing a golden armour grinning like a five year old. Oh really someone needs to get a good sense of appearance into him. Don't get wrong. What I ment was that his body language, costume and the look on his face does not get together too well.

"Hey!! I was explaining the story of The Tree of Fortune to our little princess you stupid." Mia gave him a thud on his chest with her elbow. I laughed at their childish behaviour.

"No need to worry Beth. Now the great Adon, the general is here himself to explain anything and everything to you in perfect order that this stupid blabbering tongue." Soon after completing the sentence that he received a hard blow from the owner of the blabbering tongue. I laughed my head hard. I had really forgotten the times when I had laughed like this. Dad used to make me laugh telling about the jocks of idiots at the court or the silly mistakes he made during the time of hearing of any special cases. The thought of dad bought water to my eyes. I couldn't believe that after I had arrived at Alma, I had not bothered to think about dad much. It is true that I need to find him as soon as possible but I had not come across a way to find out how.

"Beth? Beth?" An annoyed voice interpreted my thoughts. I snapped my head to see an angry Adon glaring at me.

"What?"

"What? You asked me what? Its who is to be asking you what. I have been chanting all this time about my glory and you were there staring in to the ground." He crossed his hands over his chest.

"Oh my!! Stop being a drama king." Mia gave him a mocking wink. "Beth, are you alright? You seem distracted on something."

"Yeah. My dad." I mumbled.

Adon's face softened at the mention of my dad. Mia gave out a worried expression. "I am sorry that we have not come to any hopeful client regarding your father but still I am sure we are gonna find him." Adon said grabbing my shoulder.

"When?" I didn't mean to yell but it automatically came out of my bloody mouth. Both Adon and Mia looked taken back. "I am sorry. I think I need to rest."

"Sure. I will drop you to your room." Mia said volunteering herself.

"No it's ok. I prefer to be alone sometime." Without waiting to get a reply I ran to the palace entrance leaving the two blank.

Unlike the rest of the day, the corridors were tightly packed with maids and many others. I tried to walk in a slow and sleeky way reminding at each and every steps that I am the princess but due to the tears those were pushing to come through my eyes I decided to run at one single stretch into my room. I heard many calling my name adding variety of titles with it. I gave attention to none and reached my room without turning back.

After locking the door behind, I ran to the cupboard and picked out a silky blue robe. I undressed and covered myself in the robe. It was going smooth against my skin. I reached out to the window and grabbed the curtains to pull it open. Warm evening sunlight swept across me. I climbed on to the bed and layed flat on my stomach.

A huge stone blocked my way to the cave. I tried to move it but before I got a chance to touch it moved all by itself. The huge stone slide aside to pave way for a dark narrow tunnel. Something urged me to go inside. My legs moved all by itself and took me into the cave. I walked and walked which felt lime hours but more I felt like I was floating in mid air.

Far ahead I saw something gleaming. A golden yellow light at a distance. I tried to resist the movement but something seemed to carry me through the passage. I felt a hard feeling in my stomach. I stop suddenly like a puppet pulled on her strings by some unknown force. From the corner of my eyes I see something at the corner of the cave wall, something curdled. Its a man.

He looks like he had been starving for days and also been tortured. I couldn't see his face. He had a long outgrown beard and shabby order less hair fell down his face making it more difficult to understand the man. Still something in him felt familiar.

As I approached him there was this strong sensation of familiarity growing inside me. I tried to recall something that I could help myself to recognize him but my head seemed empty. As I moved closer I could see scratches all over his arms and legs. Trying to get a better look at the person I moved forward to stand in front of the curdled figure. Something radiating from him caused my realisation stronger. I knew this man...

Dad!!
_____________________________________

These words are not really created but you guys are simply osum...

I really don't know what to say except for heavens of thanks for giving my book a chance.

See you at my next page till then Biii
;)
<QOM>