Chapter 2

Lav drew too fast that I almost fell over the dashboard. Why the hell did he call me thirteen times. What was wrong? This had not happened before. Is he alright? Random thoughts sprung from my head that I hardly noticed that we had reached the street and is nearing home.

The front door was wide open. I thrashed open the car door and ran inside, my heart thrusting inside the ribcage. Something is wrong.

"Dad. Dad." I called out but there came no answer but instead was an awkward sience. Lavender caught up with me and we together started to search for dad. We wiped each and every corner of the house but was helpless. Finally exhausted I dragged myself to the couch and started to cry helplessly. Lav sat beside me and wrapped me in her arms. I sobbed into her shoulder trying hard not to fall off. "Beth... I am sure he is alright. There needs to be a right explanation for all this." The house was in a total mess.

"He might have called to make me know what had happened and I failed to attend it." I sobbed even more.

"Now stop blaming on yourself, Beth. It will not give you any good. Let's do one thing." I looked up. "Now its sure that your dad is not here and something weird has happened to him. So let's start looking for any traces here, if he had left any." I knew that she had got a point. Crying won't do anyhelp.

We started searching the entire house. Beth started with the kitchen and me in the hall. There was no trace of anything except that every single thing was tipped over and some glass pieces lay here and there. Lav came out with a tired face indicating that she failed in her search in the kitchen. So next we went upstairs. Into dad's bedroom. The look of it gave me a headache. That was not a mess but something as bad as hell. Even the bed was standing upright.

"Beth!" I ran to her side. Lav was holding something her hand with a chain hanging out.

"Its a bracelet." I took it from her and leaned to get a better look at it. There was a pendant of a spherical shape with two different coloured stones on it. Red and black. Inside the outline of the pendant there was a small stone carved in the shape of something that I failed to identify. Its colours was faded and its half was broken.

"What does it signify?" Lav was keenly looking at the strange thing in my hand.

"This for sure is not dad's."

"I guessed so. Then whose might it be?"

I snapped my head at her. "Are you thinking the same thing what I am thinking."

"Maybe. There is a high chance that's this bracelet can belong to the invader whoever he or she is. But what this all have to do..." I grabbed her hand in a quick action that she almost gasped. "I think I heard something." I whispered to her. My eyes went in search on each corner of the surrounding. We stood still both not dared even to breath. I was able to hear our hearts beating like a thousand time in ten seconds.

"Come Beth. Let's hide somewhere." She dragged me along and we stood close to each other behind the doors of the bedroom. Sounds of footsteps was drumming my ears. "There is someone coming."  Lav nodded in agreement. Footsteps came nearer and nearer and then stopped. There was deadly silence except for our heavy breaths. The door of the room was slightly pushed from outside almost squeezing us.

A shadow of a man entered the room. Lav was squeezing my hand. It hurt so much that I was about let out a scream when the door behind while we stood closed. We let out a huge slow sigh of relief. I held Lav's hand and urged her to follow me down the stairs making side that the stranger is nowhere nearby. We walked down each and every step afraid that a single cracking noise can make the Earth swallow us. We were about to open the front door when an arm grabbed my left hand and covered my mouth with the other. I accidentally let go of Lav and started kicking the floor. I tried to scream through the arm that was preventing me from opening my mouth but my voice was stuck half way down my throat. I heard Lav screaming and could feel her beating against the stranger to let me go. The stranger pulled me and tossed me over his shoulder. He then grabbed Lav with the other hand and dragged her along. He was so strong that his strength even prevented me from stirring. Lav struggled so hard to get free but was helpless.

My body was feeling so clumsy and my eyes started to close slowly feeling very heavy. And finally it was...

Blank

_______________________________________

Hi guys...

Hands of to all my wonderful readers. If you are feeling not bad with my work, pls don't forget to click on the vote button.

Again I am not a wonderful writer. So there are high chances of possibility to find hundreds of errors or editing mistakes.

Comments and opinions are warmly welcomed....

**Don't forget to click on the vote button**

QOM:)