Chapter 16

Back on Earth I had a good way of reading books. But considering the book in my hand for God's sake I was having trouble in reading the text and understanding it. After flipping through some ten or twenty like pages I decided to close the book and look for some other simple works. But also I was able to find the points that Adon had told me regarding the story of Alma. I went through the portions of Queen Aglaea and Prince Edward. For almost half an hour I searched for any clue regarding Brown. Non of the pages in the book had mentioned about the great book turned crown.

The whole book was scripted in old fashioned language and also contained some weird symbols and pictures those I absolutely failed to understand. I shut the book and called for Grace. She came running with a worried expression on her face. "Yes dear. Is there something wrong?"

"Of course there is. Mmm... But not a big one. Its just that I don't understand a single thing that is written in this book. That's all."

"Oh dear... I am sorry I failed to think about that. This book is actually printed in old language that was used in Alma at the time of King Almagar almost eighteen centuries back." I nodded my head relating the story Adon had explained.

"I think it would be better if you find someone to explain it to you. Whatever you need to know about your land."

I got up from the bench and handed the book back to Grace. "Thank you Grace. I am sure I could find someone to help me with same." I turned towards the door ready to leave. It was almost four in the evening now. "It was nice meeting you Grace."

"I cannot express my gratitude in meeting you, Beth. The whole kingdom was waiting for your arrival for all these years and now you are here. I am very much pleased to help you in whatever way I can."

"See you soon Grace." I walked off from the library through the corridor in search of Adon.

______________________________________

I actually didn't knew in which direction to go to get Adon and Mia. Really, Jaques dropped me here without even giving me the time to get a quick glance through the palace and the way we came. I was about to turn back and call Grace for help when a voice reached me. "There you are..."

Relief swept over when I saw Mia running towards me. "I was...looking for you...all..." She was panting so hard that half of what she was about to say was swallowed.

"Keep steady, Mia. And just calm down." I placed one palm over her shoulder and rubbed it against her skin to help her out of the helpless situation.

"I am glad that you are not lost and I found you here." She stood straight in her maid's uniform. "And I had asked Adon to accompany us in our walk. He said that he would be joining us shortly in the garden."

"That would be sweet." I held her hand in mine. "It would be better if you guide me to the garden as I am still not much thorough with the places here."

"Always at your assistance, Your Highness." She said in a mocking style to which I elbowed at her.

We passed many corridors and halls and after many turns came to the Great Hall that held the Tree of Fortune. I clearly remember the time when Mia was about to explain the peculiarity of the giant tree. I decided to ask about it more in detail once we reach the garden.

The garden was equal to heaven. That's all I need to say to explain on the royal garden. Grass with cute tiny yellow flowers ran all over the floor like green carpet. Different flowers with different shapes,size, colors and odour stood in inflorescences along in a valley. Trees of different heights that bear different kinds of fruit were arranged in particular orders along the line.