Chapter 22

I exactly don't know what had happened to me. After coming to Alma I had hardly thought about my dad or Lav. This was not the kind of me. Till this time I could not imagine a moment without Lav. And after seeing the photo that I remember how much I miss her. All through the album the pictures were of our childhood. The one in which we both were having ice creams all over the mouth and laughing with mouths wide open. The one in which we are playing seesaw. And more and more. But the thing that I do not get is how my old stuffs reached here.

After placing all the things from the suitcase to the wardrobe, I dragged the suitcase aside where it earlier was without much difficulty now that it was almost empty. I opened the door and asked the guards standing beside to go and fetch Mia. She might be able to explain something with this suitcase.

"Beth, I can tell you that it was the order of the king to bring all your personal belongings to Alma from your old apartment but I don't know who was incharge of it." Mia had arrived shortly after I had send for her.

"Whoever it is I am really thankful.is had missed my teady so much."

"Your what?"

"Teary." I said clutching tightly on to my dear red teady bear with a cute rose on her head. "Don't tell me you have never heard of teady bears and you don't have non in Alma."

"Of coarse we have such kinds of things otherwise how do you expect to manage a child." Her eyes slowly dropped down. "It's only that I had not got a chance to enjoy such things."

I didn't knew what was in her past. I had not asked much about her personal life. Still what kind of parents it would be to not buy a single teady bear to their children. The red teady I had was a gift from dad for my tenth birthday and still I cannot live a moment without it. It had the same scent of father.

"Mia I am sorry."

"I don't know why humans apologize for something that is not their fault."

"Mia I think I want to talk to Adon. About something that is..."

"Yeah I know. Personal. Right."

"No no that's not what I mean."

"Are you still trying to make me believe that there is nothing going on between you both? After I had caught both of you making out?" This is getting more and more annoying but still I was glad to get the topic changed.

"Ok ok! I know there will be no much for me against you so please if you come across Adon tell him I need to talk to him very badly."

"Fine. Somehow I think the thing is not something that I think. Anyway Adon will make sure that he comes to you if I see him. And is that the only reason you wanted me here? To tell Adon? You could have told the guard."

"No. I exactly wanted to know about the luggage thing. And now it is clear. The king's order."

"Ok then. See you later."

Mia closed the door behind her leaving me alone.
_____________________________________

"I knew something was troubling you. Now tell me what is it?" His tone made my heart to skip a beat. He sounded so caring and reassuring.

"Adon..." I let put a sigh. "I think I need to get updated with informations about the royal life and Alma as much as you can tell me." The words sputtered out of my mouth without giving a second thought. Adon's face didn't show any kind of explanation. It stood as innocent as of a child. We were walking through the backyard near the stable.

"Only that?" Ok I regret what I said before. His eyes filled with doubt and was searching mine. I shook my head.
"Then?"

"Lav..."

"Mmmm... I knew."

"What?"

"That you were worrying about her. Just that it took you a little while."

"I just... I don't know. But now I need to see Lav. Very badly."

"See Beth..."

"I know." I yelled. "I know that. There are stupid rules where you can't simply bring her to me. There are laws against it. If you deny you will be hanged. I know. I know that even if we want to bring her there are more complications. I know everything." I didn't mean to be rude and shout. Hatredness towards me was boiling up in my mind. I hate myself for my forgetfulness in Lav. I don't know what have changed my brain. I turned around not really ready to face Adon and sighed. "I am sorry."

I felt a hand wrap around my waist. I turned slowly around with my head bend down. The arms pulled me closer to Adon. Sensing the warmth that was radiating from his body I felt every puzzled parts of my mind melting away. His hand went up to my chin and forced my face up. I closed my eyes against my will. "I want you to look at me." His words were surprisingly calm and gentle. I opened my eyes to get myself staring at his attractive eyes.

"Beth... Do you know that you are always stubborn?"

"Well..."

"Then hear. You are."

"Noted."

He gave out a small twisted smile. "You can never control your patience, right?"

"I am afraid so."

"I was about to tell you something else."

"I don't want to hear anything else now."

"You should."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes. Because this is about Lav." That caught my eyes.

"About Lav?" He nodded and my eyes widened.

"What about her? Is there any news about her?" Curiosity was dwelling inside me.

"Actually no. But the thing is that the king had agreed to bring your friend to Alma." I jumped out of my heart with excitement. This is the best news I had heard in a while. "So the rules and the complications?"

"Settled."

"How? So soon."

"I knew what was troubling you. And I was pretty sure that you will miss her more when you see those pictures."

"Pictures!" My eyes grew wide. "How come you know about the pictures?"

"I placed it there. The suitcase."

Suddenly it struck me. "You were the one who bought my belongings here?" He nodded. Oh how can I be so stupid? It is true that only Adon knows where I live and what belongs to me.

I looked at Adon who had not yet taken his eyes from me. His hands were still holding my waist. "Beth." His words were gentle and reassuring. "I know what you think, what you wish and what you worry about. Because this-" he touched his hand against my heart. "-belongs to me."

I looked at him with eyes flooded with tears. These were the words I had longed to hear. Each and every word of his made my heart to melt. "Sure?" The word hardly came out of my mouth. Adon replied with something that I never expected.

"You are mine."

_______________________________________

So now it seems that we have reached the end of another chapter. And I know that there are a plenty of questions that are swimming in your heads. When more chapters and characters pop out there will be answers and new questions to find out.

So meet you with the next chapter. Til then...

Bi
<QOM>