❤✨ Midgardian Slang

A/N

I think Shipsrlife2 and I thought this up last time I saw her. But I wanted to write something quick and funny, so partial credit goes to her.

Also, definitions used are pulled from the Urban Dictionary.

***

"Tony uploaded a new video, guys!" Peter said excitedly as he ran into the lounge with his phone in hand. Most of the team was out on a mission, leaving Maya, Peter, Carson, and Olivia (recovering from a broken ankle from the last mission) behind that day.

"When'd he have time to do that?" Maya asked.

"He was posting it, but they were called out before he could finish. He just let it go, and now it's out." Peter explained.

"What is today's subject?" Carson asked. Peter looked at the phone.

"The 'Dance Dance Revolution' match we had at the local arcade a few days ago." Peter said. "'Dance Dance Revolution Gone Wild' is what he called the video."

"Then start it already!" Maya exclaimed. The four of them crowded around Peter's phone as he started the video.

To start, from Tony's shaky camera's perspective, was Bucky vs. Pietro. Poor Bucky was trying so hard, but Pietro's quick feet earned him the win. Next up came Wanda vs. Nat. Nat's light feet and agility earned her the win. Then Steve vs. Peter came next. It was a close match, but Peter started tripping over his feet, giving Steve the W. After that, was Maya vs. Thor. Attempting to avenge Peter, Maya focused extra hard, but won fast as Thor wasn't exactly built for a small arcade game console.

Then it was Pietro vs. Nat for the spot in the final. Pietro started out good, but eventually, he accidentally caused the console to short circuit with his speed, giving Nat the win, and forced them to call and attendant to fix it before they could continue (a wire had popped lose). Then Steve vs. Maya was the next match after the game was fixed.

Unfortunately for Steve, Bucky wasn't above calling 'What? Agent Peggy Carter? What are you doing here?' to screw his friend up. It worked, Steve stumbling before realizing what had happened. By then, it was too late to regain the momentum, Maya beating him.

The final round was Maya vs. Nat, and no one could guess who would win. Both of them fought hard, but Maya started getting tired and slowing down, giving Nat the winning title.

The video finished with cheaply animated fireworks and the message "Dance Dance Revolution Champion: Natasha Romanoff!"

Three of them were laughing at the video's ridiculousness, but Olivia was the only one confused. Not by the video, she found it hilarious, but by what her friends were saying in response to it.

"That's a big oof for Thor."

"Aww, Cinnamon Roll Steve."

"Peter stumbling is a big mood."

And so on.

"Wait, what do you mean?" She finally asked.

"Huh?" Maya replied quizically.

"What are you saying? I don't understand what you mean. 'Oof' and 'mood,' what does that mean?" Olivia asked. The trio shared a brief look, then turned back to her.

"Shall we teach you our slang?" Peter asked.

"I would like to understand what you mean, yes." Olivia said.

"Good. And you can not get out of this; you're injured." Carson said.

"I am not. The ankle was broken for two days, me fixing it with magic, then I spent another day recovering from the energy spent. Being ever protective, Loki insisted I stay back today because he thinks it was more energy costly than it was. I can walk all I want." Olivia huffed.