➳ letters.

     It was the weekend.I was at home waiting for my boyfriend Johnny to come over.We wanted to hang out but since it was raining we decided to simply watch Netflix all day.

     Suddenly the doorbell rang.I furrowed my eyebrows.It couldn't be Johnny since we had just talked and his house is kinda far away from mine.

     I jumped off the couch I was sitting on and went towards the front door.I cautiously opened the front door.In front of me stood Alexa.I widened my eyes at the sight of her.

     Alexa and I were close friends back in high school.We weren't exactly best friends, but we knew a lot about each other and cared about each other a lot.After a few months of hanging out at her house I also started getting close to her twin brother, Adam.Me and him started developing strong feelings for each other.We dated for about a year and a few weeks but then I found out they were moving to Australia.I was devastated.Me and Adam tried to do long distance but it didn't work out.So me and him broke things off a month after he moved away.Then 3 months after that I met Johnny.

     I stared at Alexa.The both of us had huge smiles on our faces.I ran towards her and hugged her as tight as I could.She hadn't changed at all since I had last seen her.

     "Y/n i've missed you!"

     "I've missed you more Al!"

     The both of us walked inside and sat on the couch.While looking at her I noticed she had a pink little box in her hand.

     "Al, what's inside that box?"

     Suddenly her smile dropped a little.I noticed her lip trembled and she let out a shaky breath.She looked at me and I noticed that her eyes were filled with tears.

     "Al?What's wrong?"

     "In this box there's a few letters.Letters Adam left.Before-he-he passed away."

     All of a sudden I felt sick.My brain was spinning and my heart was beating rapidly.I couldn't believe it.I thought this was some sick joke.But I knew Alexa would never joke about something like this.She loved her brother too much.

     "Wait wait.Adam is-d-dead?"

     Alexa nodded, tears spilling out of her eyes and racing down her cheeks.I felt my eyes water too.I couldn't believe it.The first guy I loved, my first boyfriend, was dead.I couldn't help but wonder how.

     As if on cue, Alexa look up at me and said "We didn't tell you the truth y/n.We didn't move to Australia because of our dad's job.We moved to Australia because Adam was diagnosed with cancer.We had relatives there who could help us cure him.So we left.When Adam went to get checked-up the doctor gave us devastating news.He told us Adam was suffering from stage 4 liver cancer.He gave him at least 7 months to live.After six months had passed Adam started locking himself in his room.He would rarely go out.One day me and my parents noticed he was being too silent.We decided to go in but the door was locked.Dad tried to push the door open but it wouldn't move.We had to call the police.After we told them, the firefighters, the police and the ambulance arrived at our house.The firefighters put the ladder on Adam's balcony.When they unlocked the door from the inside we saw Adam's body laying on the floor and this pink box on top of his desk."

     After she finished telling the story, both of us had tears streaming down our faces.I let out a sob I couldn't keep in.No, I didn't have feelings for Adam anymore, but I still cared about him.A lot.

     Suddenly the doorbell rang.I was confused but then I remembered that Johnny was supposed to come over.

     After hugging Alexa, I opened the door and watched her leave.I tilted my head up, only to be met with my boyfriend's eyes who were filled with concern.I waved a hand to him so he could come in.We both sat on the couch and I felt him hugging me and caressing my head.I let out a sob.I was crying and I really hated it.

     "I don't know what happened babygirl.I just know that I hate seeing you like this.So please look at me and tell me what's bothering you."he whispered in my hair while placing little kisses between words.

     I looked up at him and told him the story.For a minute I noticed his jaw clench when I mentioned Adam.But after he found out what happened to him, he stared and me with a sad expression on his face.

     "Babe I'm sorry!If you want you can open the letters.I won't get mad at you I promise.I get it that you're going through a hard time and I don't wanna make it harder on you.So if you feel comfortable enough to open the letters around me go ahead."

     The loving tone he used while talking to me made me feel protected and safe.So I decided to open the box.In it there were a bunch of letters but I only decided to open the last one he wrote.

     Dear Y/N

     I miss you.I still love you.I can't seem to get over you even tho it's been almost a year since we broke up.Alexa told me that you're currently dating another guy.You guys look cute.I guess I should stop writing you these letters you'll never see cause I'm a coward and I'm scared to send them haha.

     I want you to know y/n.I love you.And I always will.I will never stop.I know you're happy without me.But please tell me you haven't forgotten about us.Tell me you haven't forgotten about our late movie nights.Tell me you haven't forgotten about our camping trips.Tell me you haven't forgotten about all those amazing memories we created at the park behind my house.

     I'm not gonna send these letters not only because I'm scared, but because I don't wanna destroy your new relationship.I want you to be happy even if it is without me.

With love,

Adam

A/N

what kinda crap is this😭but like yo this is my longest chapter yet yayeet.

But now I wake each day

Looking for a way that I can see your face 

    "Somebody To You"

The Vamps ft. Demi Lovato