Chapter 43: The News

2 months later, Midoryia's POV, short chapter.

Izuku Midoryia in Court

In case you aren't up to date on the situation, the medication used to reverse the effects of the mind-changing potion the young teen was first subjected too seems to be successful. The past two months he has been under close supervision and appears to be adjusting. Needless to say, an amazing medicinal discovery considering it worked so quickly with very few setbacks.   

Yesterday Midoryia and his lawyer took to the stand. A lawyer I might add, that was paid for by the ex-hero All Might. The young adult behaved very calmly and was very respectful to everyone in the courtroom, even offering to get water for members of the jury.

The hearing lasted an hour as many notable people testified for them, including Gran Torino, All Might, Eraserhead, and the son of Endeavor Shoto Todoroki even made an appearance. As well as people who knew him as a villain. Evidence submitted to the court includes a letter, lamenting his remorse over it all. However, as good as this looks, the boy has also done a lot of damage to society. It was, to say the least, an emotional rollercoaster for the jury. 

It took roughly two hours for the jury to reach a verdict. 

Midoryia must complete court-ordered community service for up to 730 hours of community service stretched over a 16 month period, which equals roughly 45 minutes a day or community service. Of course, he does have the option of doing a couple of hours weekly to fulfill this quota instead of doing it daily. 

He must also complete classes to readjust him to civilian life, he will also be regularly checked up on by a police officer.

Some say this is a very light sentence and that he should have harsher punishment, but we also don't have much proof of his crimes, including confessions or any links to unsolved crimes. He is mostly being charged for his recent crimes, including property damage and death because of it.

Again you may ask, why is the verdict so mild considering he killed people? The conclusion doctors, scientists, and police have come to is that he was being manipulated and is very much a victim of The League of Villains.

I sit in my cell and sob as I read the paper. I mean, of course, I already knew all of this but it was such a relief to see it written down. It seems more real. I so badly want to see Aizawa or All Might.

They lied for me. 

The letter submitted to the court was forged. 

"My body count was in the hundreds, I was very proud of this.

 " ...and enlisted me and my gang to help if they saw fit..."

"While he was distracted I destroyed his room in his own home."

Was all edited out of the letter by Aizawa. I don't know how he did it, he totally forged my handwriting and managed to slip it by everyone. I owe him everything. If the court had evidence of myself confessing to my many murders and crimes I would never see the end of it.