Chapter 37: Conflict

If we go by the Manga, Endeavor is going/has gone through a bit of a redemption arc. So if his personality seems different from the Anime that's why.

{Bakugo's POV}

I wake up to see medics hovering over me, I can see them talking to each other but I can't hear anything. They're frantic. I can see I'm being moved on a stretcher to somewhere new. I want to speak or yell but I can't even squeak.

I see the buildings move past me and I can only stare up at the sky and wait drowsily. I so badly want to go back to sleep, nearly to a point of tears. But I feel like I can't, or shouldn't.

I try and sit up but a medic puts a hand on my chest to keep me down. I fight against whoever-the-hell-they-are and look to see the collapsed building behind us. There's practically a pile of unconscious heroes and police that extra medics are desperately trying to get onto stretchers. I see the small trainee's trying to lift a very muscular hero and I feel a little bad for them.

My hearing starts to fade back in and I hear a woman speaking to me very faintly.

"Please lay down, don't hurt yourself," she instructs and once again tries to push me back down. I don't have enough energy to fight back again so I lay back begrudgingly.

My eyes are drawn to something in the sky. There's something green incredibly high up above the city. I assume it's a person but it's hard to make out, I see it holding something red, again it's hard to make out. 

 I stare at it for a few moments in wonder before it clicks.

Kirishima.

"Kiri-" I try and croak out but I'm overtaken by coughing. "Kir-" I hack. My heart starts to beat so hard I feel like I'm going to pass out. Fear overtakes my body worse than ever before, it's even worse since I'm powerless to do anything. He's unconscious, possibly dead. 

Then, I see him begin to fall.

"Stop... Kiri... Turn" I wheeze. Present Mic, who's walking down the line of Medics desperately checking everyone's well being, stops beside me at that moment and we make eye contact.

"Sorry Baku-"

"Look," I say as loud as I can, which isn't very loud. It feels like I'm lifting 100 pounds as I point to Kirishima, falling through the sky. It'll take a little while for him to hit the ground but 'a little while' isn't long enough.

Present Mic follows my gaze to the red flare. Without saying a word he begins to sprint towards him but I know he won't make it in time. 

I try and roll out of the stretcher to follow, but a medic keeps me from doing so. I curse at them and demand they let me go but they ignore me and quicken their pace to get me away from danger.  Kirishima was incredibly high above the city which left us a little time, but when I see how far Mic is away from Kirishima who gets closer to the ground every second I know he isn't going to get there in time.

My hand sparks, I take a deep breath and set off explosions in my hands, propelling me upward out of the stretcher. It hurt like hell but I hurry to stand up but my legs feel like jelly so I end up crawling across the alley, fading in and out of consciousness from fatigue and pain.

Goddammit! How many times has Kirishima saved me? How many times has he been there for me? Now the one time he needs me and I can't do anything about it. I'm such a useless friend. Dammit! 

I scream and propel myself forward with my remaining strength as far as I can. I pass Mic. Suddenly my arms give out and I crash into the ground, roll, and lay sprawled out on my stomach with my breath knocked out of me.