Chapter 38: Greeting

{Midoryia's POV}

The wind whistled through my ears, the howling was nearly deafening. The smile stays glued to my face as I hear the voice screaming in my head.

What the hell are you doing! You idiot! You're ruining everything! Do something! Goddammit!!

I feel a pressure in my head as the voice tries to gain the control it just lost. I don't hear the softer voice but I sense a smile from it. I close my eyes and wait for Endeavor to catch me, punch me, catch me on fire, something. Or, maybe he won't, which might even be easier, no trial, no prison time. I mean based on what I did today alone I'd never get out. 

Old Midoryia, the softer voice, whispers words of encouragement. Telling me I'll be okay and that it will work out. He assures me that he'll stick around.

Deku, the aggressive voice, screams and threatens me. Whenever he screams my right eye throbs and fades in and out of whatever focus was left. I close my eyes to try and escape the feeling but it doesn't really work.  

I feel someone catch me and hold on very tightly, it kind of hurts and I wince. The temperature rises so drastically I know for a fact it's Endeavor and that he is not at all happy. I feel that we land and he begins jogging. 

I make the mental decision to not be present for whatever chaos unravels from here on, and for once the aggressive voice agrees and I immediately go unconscious.

{All Might's POV}

I hear yelling and turn around to see Endeavor running towards me with the child in his arms and I, for the life of me, can't figure out what happened for him to have captured him, seemingly fairly quickly.

He rushes past the medics and around the corner to where the police officers are. Very eager to get him into custody before Midoryia gets away. Kamui follows him and Mic stops to explain what happened.

At this point, I'm not surprised Midoryia went through another mood change. I am, however, surprised he just willingly fell of the building. Obviously there's another, darker motive that one would suspect, but apparently, he checked to make sure Endeavor was close before he did. Perhaps that was the best way for him to surrender in his mind?

I don't know, and I don't care too think about it for too long. I have a job to do.

I spend the rest of the day and the entire night helping with rescue efforts. No more incidents happen throughout the night, and by the time I'm forced to go home by worried EMTs I pass out immediately.

{Todoroki's POV}

I wake up in the hospital. Light streams in the window and I hear birds chirp happily. I'm not sure what led up to me getting here, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy to be finally lying down and resting after all the

I try and sit up but I'm horribly sore. I ache and wince, a while later my father walks into the room. He's changed a lot the past couple of years, enough to be bearable even. But I can't deny the old tiny inkling of worry that creeps up every time I see him. His fire is extinguished and he's in normal civilian clothes. 

"Glad to see you awake," He comments grimly. I nod and adjust myself.

"Where's Izuku?" I ask, looking out the window, expecting to see the entire city cleared out. Fortunately, most of it is still there except the giant crater in the distance and a few blind spots. Endeavor frowns as if he's upset that's the first thing I ask.

"He's been arrested. Surrendered... I think."

"What do you mean I think?" I ask, part of me is ecstatic, but I'm also terrified of what's to come.