Chapter 34: The Tumble

Some bits can be considered graphic. Read at your own risk.

{Todoroki's POV}

We make our way to UA where All Might was all the time. I didn't know if he had his own home or if he stayed there.

Zikashi and I run up to the Teachers' lounge and don't even knock as we open the door. Almost all the heroes were out doing damage control except the retired pro All Might who sat hunched over a desk in the dimly lit room. 

I guess we scared him because he whips around fearfully until he sees it's only us.

"You scared me," He chuckles nervously, but frowns quickly after, "Glad to see you safe."

He knew we went out to the forest to get Midoryia but he stayed behind since he couldn't really do anything. 

"I'm sorry to bother you, sir," Zikashi steps forward, "But it's important." We pull over a few chairs and sit infront of him. He looks horrible, deep bags hang under his eyes and his face is pale and ashy. He's frail and tired looking. Despite all of this his eyes are full of hope and respect for us.

"Of course. Anything to help." He sounds very earnest.

"It's about Midoryia. You two were very very close," I say, and his face drops, I'm about to speak again but Zikashi speaks first.

"Kozo used his quirk on Izuku not too long ago and he used you to get to him. Kozo's quirk is really unpredictable and strange so sometimes the apparitions say things that have been said out loud to the person the apparition is directed at."  She explains, "Your apparition called Deku the next Symbol of Peace."

All Might flushes even more than he was, which I didn't think was possible. He grows flustered and trips over his words.

"W-well I um.. It's... complicated." He tries to explain. He gestures widely with his hands.

"All Might." I say sternly, "It's incredibly important you tell us what you know, Midoryia is out there terrorizing the city and we have to stop him. I don't know why you didn't say anything from the beginning. From the second we knew he was gone and a threat you should have come clean. Do it now."

All Might takes a deep breath and nods.

"It's a complicated story, so I'll try and clear it up. Midoryia was my successor. He was born quirkless," Zikashi doesn't seem affected but I have to do a double take, I don't interrupt and let him continue. "I rescued him from a villain and he asked me if he could still be a hero. I had told him no," All Might fidgets with his hands and stares at the ground, "He proved himself later that same day by rushing in and tried to save Bakugo from a villain despite being quirkless."

This is a wild ride already and I can tell it's going to get worse. None of it really makes sense.

"I stopped him later that day and um... gave him my quirk." He mumbles. I could've sworn I misheard him.

"What?" Zikashi chokes out.

"He has my power." He looks up at us and a few tears fall.

He takes a few minutes to explain the fact that his quirk originated with All for One and his brother. How the quirk One for All was passed down. That during the sports festival, he only had 2% of the power conquered and now he has at least 75%. We also catch him up on what has happened thus far.

The story ends with my mouth gaping open. So fighting Midoryia is like fighting All Might in his prime. Except Midoryia doesn't have any moral reasoning or line in the sand to follow.

Zikashi seems just as afraid and shocked.

"Why didn't you say anything before..." She whispers, "That's pretty important information."