Chapter 32: Seeing Again

{Midoryia's POV}

It's a rough night, between falling out of the tree more than once, general paranoia, and the biting cold. I didn't sleep well. In the morning I just try and hide from the cold in my jacket but I shiver violently. 

When I wake up, my right eye's sight is even worse today. I can see for the most part but now I have a defined blind spot.

My mood switches from horribly sad, to giddy and ecstatic. Then it falls and I feel angry and bitter. I drift back to sleep and I lean a little too far and once again tumble out of the tree and hit the ground very hard.

"Dammit!" I yell as I cradle my left arm.  Anger floods into my system and One for All instinctively surrounds me as I reel back and punch the tree with my right, sending it flying into several others behind it creating a scar in the land.

That felt really nice.

But I decide I'm too close to town so I grab my jacket and spend about a few hours just walking further and further into the forest where everything looks the same.  I find another large tree and punch it, it flies backward and takes out nearly a mile of forest, cutting deep into the ground.  

It felt riveting to let that out, I hadn't been able to do anything in ages. I do this a few more times until I hear a helicopter off in the distance. I squint my eyes, even with my poorer eyesight I realize immediately that it was a news helicopter. Without any thought, I flick my fingers at the helicopter and a gust of wind sends it flying and flipping through the air, crashing in the distance.

That felt even better!

I try and punch a tree again but my hand just hits the trunk at full force and nothing happens. I look around, suspicious until my eyes land on Aizawa. His fair flared out around him and his scarf prepared to grab me.

"Midoryia-"

"Don't use that name!" I yell, and my head starts pounding again and I put my palm up to my temple.

"Could you please come with me?" He asks, trying to be gentle.

"I can't," I mumble, paranoia creeping into my mind.

"Why not?" He asks, he blinks and his hair falls.

"I just can't... not safe..." I shrink back, backing away from him and curling into myself. He's going to try and hurt me, they'll throw me in a cell and gawk, I  might hurt someone I know.

"But who cares?" A voice whispers in the back of my mind, "Who cares if you hurt anyone?"

"S-shut up," I tell the voice, "I won't hurt... more..."

"You didn't care when you just crashed that helicopter."

"I am... sorry," I whisper, a few tears leak from my eyes. Aizawa thinks I'm talking to him.

"It's going to be okay, and it's going to be better if you come with me. You won't hurt anyone if you come with me."

"I always hurt people though," I say clearly, the fog clears and I'm starting to think just a little more clearly. "Whenever I see someone I care about it hurts them. It hurting you now too, I can feel it. You're sad I'm like this. You feel regret."

Aizawa is a little stunned and unsure of what to do, "That's uh, okay. We can fix it."

"No, we can't. I've screwed up. I wanted to go back with you for years and years and every opportunity I had I threw away and screwed it up. Why do you want me back?"

"We've been trying to find you and get you back for ages. People miss you Midoryia-"

"Stop with the name," I grunt as my eye explodes with the pain and I fall over and hold my right eye. When I open it again, it's even blurrier than before. At this point half of my vision is perfect, then the other eye is half the quality of the other one. "It's causing actual damage."