Chapter 25:

A year had passed since the incident in Ashinaka High School. Not everything is back in order but at least, everyone is moving forward to all the happening. Everyone is already set for the next phase of their fate. The blue king is getting anxious about his Sword of Damocles state. Homra has a new king, in the identity of Anna Kushina. The silver clansmen are always on the run since they are being hunted by the jungle players, a handheld game where you get power when you reach a certain amount of points in the game. The silver king is nowhere in sight. And lastly, the green clan is on the move since the silver king and the gold king are nowhere in sight.

Anya is sitting on a metal bench in the garden of the headquarters of the timeless palace. She is sipping her tea as she waits for nothing but time to make a move.

On the other hand, Mio is out of the headquarters and is on spy duty around Shizume City. She has been ordered by Anya to check on how the people involved in the Dresden Slate are doing.

"Ms. Anya," an usagi comes out of nowhere, his head lowered and hands on his back.

Anya places down the cup of tea on the table and looks over her shoulder with an inquiring gaze.

"The gold king is looking for you," the usagi informs, formally.

"I'll see him in a minute," Anya answers with the same formal tone as she stands up. "Is the silver king done from talking to him?" Yes, Shiro is with the gold king because he needed to recover from the attack made by Mikoto on him.

"Not yet, Ms. Anya, but they have asked for an audience with you," the usagi responds.

"I see," Anya utters in understanding. She starts walking to where the gold king and silver king are talking. She is sure that she will just be reminded on her role and a little bit reprimand from the gold king as he takes his last breath. A matter that she, Mio and Weismann know will happen. After all, the gold king is the only person who age in their circle. If Claudia, the sister of Adolf, didn't die, she may be old as Lieutenant now or maybe older.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anya slides the door and enters the room of the gold king. She sees Daikaku lying on his bed and Shiro or Adolf is sitting at the edge of his bed, talking to him. "I am here," she makes her presence known. "It seems that I am needed by the two of you," she teases and grins widely, striding towards the opposite side of the bed and takes a seat.

Daikaku stares at Anya. "It seem you know what I am about to say to you. So, please, you have to watch till the end, Rex."

Anya clicks her tongue in annoyance. "I've been here for a year and you are still calling me, Rex rather than Anya," she says with ire. "Are you still being stubborn? Anyway, I have watch two important men in my life die in front of my eyes without doing anything about changing their fate and I will do the same this time too. You don't need to worry."

Daikaku nods his head and turns his attention to the quiet silver king. "What do you plan to do now?"