Chapter 13:

"Anya, a package from Mio came," Tatara shouts as he carries the big box into the bar. "What is it even?" He tries to shake it but she doesn't hear anything but it's heavy.

"There's a card," Chitose says and picks out the card from the box. He opens it and reads it in surprise. "Anya, it's your birthday today," he exclaims.

Anya looks back in surprise and thinks about it for a while. "Ah...yeah, if the date today is September 29, then it is my birthday," she answers dryly.

"A-chan!!!"Tatara shouts in exasperation. "Why did we only know about this now? You are with us for a year and counting but this is the only time I have been told about your birthday."

Anya scratches her head in awkwardness. "Well, I don't like celebrating it." It reminds her how old she really is, a bit old to her liking, of course. She is now annoyed at Mio for sending a gift. She is sure that Mio only wants to annoy her and the guys for being oblivious on an important thing. "But Su-chan knows about it," she tells them.

Mikoto then comes entering the bar with Anna, bouquet on their hands. "Happy Birthday, An-chan," he says dryly and gives the bouquet he is holding to her and kisses her in the cheek.

"Thanks," Anya responds and accepts the bouquet.

"Anya, happy birthday," Anna greets and lifts up the bouquet on her hand with a wide smile.

Anya kneels down, accepts the bouquet and kisses Anna in the forehead. "Thank you, Anna." She then stands up and looks at the appalled guys. "See, someone knows when my birthday is."

"That's not the point, A-chan," Tatara says in distraught. "We should prepare your birthday properly. Does Kusanagi know about your birthday?"

"As a matter of fact, yes, I know," Kusanagi says as he walks out of the kitchen. "I did ask for Anya's birthday on her first year in here but she told me not to tell anyone when. Sorry, my mouth is shut," he explains.

"Anya," the boys whine.

"Well, I don't really like celebrating my birthday," Anya honestly utters. "That's why I don't want for you, guys, to know because you will just cause a mess by preparing for it. After all, every day of you being here is special for me."

The guys walk to hug Anya but stop when Mikoto grabs Anya back and wraps his arm around her shoulder, possessively glaring at them. They raise their hands in surrender.

Anya rolls her eyes at the action of Suoh. "Come on, it is just a hug, Su-chan. It is my birthday."

"No," Mikoto says dryly.

"Come on. Are you really jealous of them? They are family," Anya reasons out.