Chapter 21:

Anya is jubilant as she walks hand in hand together with Suoh back to the bar. They shop in the market and yet again, she gets a lot of freebies from the old people in the market. But they are not happy at her choice of boyfriend till now. They think that Suoh is a hooligan and is no good for her, which her boyfriend sulkily disagrees with them but contains his disagreement to himself.

"Why are you so happy?" Mikoto queries to Anya. His girlfriend has been cheerful since morning, not that he minds. He likes her being like this.

"Well, it has been a while since I have a date with Su-chan. You, guys, have been busy the past few days and it is almost Christmas. You do know that Christmas is what makes my end of the year happiness," Anya explains with a wide smile.

"Am I being told that I'm neglecting my girlfriend these past few days?" Mikoto warily inquires.

"No, I know how hard you try to keep this city peaceful and I love you the way you are. I don't care how busy you, guys, are as long as you are back safe," Anya answers. She tightens her hold on Suoh's hand. "Let's go back. I am sure the guys are waiting for us already."

"I love you," Mikoto says and pulls Anya close to him. He places a soft kiss on her lips without letting go of her hand.

Anya blushes and hides in the chest of Suoh. She can feel the stares of the people walking at the road trained on them. "You don't have to do that here, Su-chan," she utters embarrassed. "But I love you too. Always remember that I love you."

"I know," Mikoto replies and wraps his so not free hand; he is carrying the basket full of goodies from the market, around Anya. He buries his face on the hair of Anya and smiles. "I really love you."

Anya blushes deeply. Her boyfriend is getting cheesy every time they are on a date, even a simple trip on the market is a date for them. She cherishes Suoh more than anyone but she knows that it is not healthy for her to have deep feelings for someone like Suoh. "Let's go home."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Gentlemen and a lady," Tatara speaks seriously, his arms props on the table and his fingers link together. "The upcoming December 8th is our princess' birthday," he announces.

The boys look shock and surprise at the announcement.

"So basically, I was thinking that we should go plan out our Anna's surprise birthday party!" Tatara says cheerfully.

The guys smiles widely while Kusanagi looks at them impassively.

Anya smiles in delight. Last year, they didn't celebrate Anna's birthday because of their busy schedule. At least this year, they are. But a tug in her heart almost melts the smile away from her lips. She has to be strong. Nevertheless, this is the time for celebration to them and so she will just go along with it.