Chapter 5:

"Eric's a remnant of the yakuza group that we had pulverized, huh," Kusanagi is talking to Totsuka at the other line. "A remnant or rather he's being used as a dog and is being threatened..."

Anya looks at Kusanagi with a bewildered look.

Kusanagi seeing that, waves his hand to tell Anya that it is nothing big to make her worry. But then he sighs. "You were almost killed by Eric, weren't you?"

Anya sighs and leans back on the sturdy back of Suoh. "Stupid Tot-chan," she utters. She then turns around and gazes at Suoh. "Don't overdo it," she reminds him.

Mikoto nods his head slightly.

"I'll keep Anna's company while waiting for you to come back," Anya speaks and walks towards the room upstairs. Anna is already sleeping by this time but she is sure that the little girl will worry about Suoh. She sighs as she thinks that she is stuck in a bunch of stupid idiots.

"What are you going to do?" Kusanagi inquires to Mikoto after the phone call.

Mikoto smiles and stands up.

Kusanagi is surprised at the sudden smile coming from his King and friend. "You are going alone?"

"Do you think that the number of people matters?" Mikoto queries back.

Kusanagi props his arm and rests his chin on it. "How terrifying," he utters, "but remember that Anya told you not to overdo it. I don't like to see her getting mad at me for letting you free."

Mikoto raises his hand to tell him that he understands. Even he doesn't want to see the mad Anya again. It is definitely seeing a demon comes to life, only the life spared is not his but Totsuka. That guy is definitely going to have an earful again to Anya when he comes back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anya looks over the window when Suoh arrives from beating up the yakuza. He looks fine and Anna is still asleep, so, she can go home already.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"She is waiting upstairs," Kusanagi says at the arriving Mikoto, "but they are waiting for you." He points out at the two men waiting with him outside.

"Mikoto-san, I'm sorry. This time's matter is my responsibility." Fujishima bows as he apologizes for bringing the guy along.

"Cut it out," Eric stops Fujishima and walks upfront. "I am entirely prepared," he says.