....Smile More....

SANA

The next morning I walked out to get some groceries. The little store had nothing but ramen and candy in it. It was a brand new store that took somewhat longer to get to.

I picked out a candy then looked at a ramen. It was the same kind me and Jihyo shared together. She cared about me then.
I shook my head.

I finished cashing out.

I felt strong hands grab me. They pulled me back out the door.

I shoved the person away. When I was able to get a clearer look it was her.
———

JIHYO

I ran and ran until my legs got weak again but I didn't feel like stopping anytime soon. I was numb from everything. A car didn't even faze me.

The sound of yelling caught my attention. It was the same person that I heard in my house.
It was her.

I ran as fast as I could. There she was.

A woman was grabbing her and shoving her around. She tried to get away but a slap connected with her face. I watched as my baby fell to the ground with tears in her eyes.

I moved without thinking. I shouldn't have moved but I couldn't stop.

I grabbed her immediately and held her in my arms. She cried harder as are eyes met.

"Who the fuck are you?! Sana I want you home now!" The woman yelled at her. I stood up and got face to face.

"Don't you dare touch her again."
———

SANA

I just watched as Jihyo dialed up the cops. They came quickly and took my mother away.

I didn't want this. I didn't want to see her again but now she was holding me close with a single tear falling out of her eye.

"Sana..I'm so sorry.." I didn't want to hear it. I was too hurt.

"I'm done Jihyo." I quickly got away from her and started walking home.

She grabbed my wrist. "P..please" Why was she doing this.

"Talk to me please.."

"Why? Why are you doing this to me Jihyo.."
I felt more tears forming.

"Please...it will be worth it." She held out her hand.

I grabbed it.
———

We went to her house. It was still all messy from when she took the day off with me.

I looked over and saw the belt. It was there but it was all over the table in a million pieces.
"Ji.."

She handed me a paper. "Read it please"
———

I was shocked. Did she really mean all of this stuff.
"Is this for real?" She nodded

I could be her actual girlfriend with no rules. With nothing hanging over my head. No worries.

But what if she was lying. "Jihyo...I don't know what to think"

"I'm going to try in your way" she reached over and took my hand. The feeling of her hand gave me hope.

"No more anything? just you and me as a normal couple?"

"Yes it will be hard for me but I'm willing to do anything because I hurt more when your not here next to me. I need you"

"Do you love me?" I wondered that ever sense I left her. If she really loved me like I started to.

She closed her eyes then took a deep breath out. "I..I" she stumbled.

"Sana I never felt love once. I don't know how to describe what I feel for you but maybe it is love."

I felt myself lean in.

She placed her forehead on mine.
"Sana..stay with me please."

"Ok I will" I couldn't stop myself. I wanted her just as much as she wanted me.

"Want to help me clean up?" She looked around then started to laugh.

"Lazy..Jihyo"

"Sad Jihyo because I didn't have my baby around." She leaned in again and touched her lips with mine. I started to cry.

"Sana don't cry" she held me in her arms again.
"Jihyo I missed you so much. I couldn't even survive a week without you." A little giggle came out of my mouth.

"Well, now I'm yours" she gave me that bright smile.

"I love your smile, smile more"

"For you anything"