Katlyn

I saw pale blue hair as we ran through the crowd and I knew it couldn't have been Dante so I guessed it was Katlyn. I was right. When we left the crowd it was just Katlyn and me. She was carrying her volleyball with her. I walked beside her as we walked further and further away from the crowd.

   " Where are we going, Katlyn? "

   " I wanted to play some volleyball with you, but without the net. It was too loud in that crowd. "

   " Okay. Sounds fun! "

We walked a little further until I stopped. She continued walking and then turned to me.

   " Ready? "

   " Yup. "

she threw the volleyball up in the air and hit it towards me and the game began. We would hit the volleyball back and forth and it didn't touch the ground. Then after what felt like hours of hitting it back and forth, Katlyn hit the volleyball hard and it flew straight towards me. I didn't have time to react before it hit my face. I fell to the ground and held my face in my hands. 

   " Y/n!" 

I heard the sand crunch under her feet as she ran towards me. Then when she reached me she sat beside me.

   " Are you okay? I didn't mean to hit it that hard. I'm so sorry Y/n. "

   " It's fine Katlyn. I know you didn't mean to do it. "

I sat up and continued to hold my face. Katlyn pulled my hand away from my face and held it in hers. Her other hand held my face. I felt my face heat up a bit.

   " Are you sure you're okay? "

   " I'm sure, Katlyn. "

   " Okay. "

It was quiet as we gazed into each others eyes. Her hand caressed my face and she leaned in. I leaned in as well and connected our lips. The kiss was sweet. Her hand gripped mine as the kiss continued. Both of my hands reached towards her face and I ran my hands through her long hair and my other hand caressed her cheek. We pulled away and we starred at each other. I was the first to speak.

   " So...."

   " So...."

   " Does thie mean we're..."

   " You bet it does! "

She jumped on me and wrapped her arms around my neck and mine around her waist. She kissed me again, but this kiss was filled with happiness. She was leaning against me as I was sitting on the sand. My chin was held in her hands as my hands stayed on her back and waist. When we pulled away we both had smiles on our faces. we stood up and held hands as we ran to get the volleyball. then we ran back to the group.

   " Guys we are dating and if anyone touches her I'm going to punch you into next week! " Katlyn yelled while holding my waist.

I apologized to everyone saying I was sorry, but they said they understood and that they were fine with it. We walked back to the condo and saw Travis and Dante sitting on the couch watching TV.

   " Hey babe how was the fireworks. " Dante said getting up from the couch.

He walked over and hugged me by my waist and Katlyn held true to her promise. Dante was knocked out by her punch. She held me against her and glared at his unconscious body. Then she looked at Travis.

   " Tell him when he wakes up that we're dating please. "

   " I will. "

We walked towards our room and I got changed into some pajamas. I left the bathroom and jumped on the bed. Katlyn was laying beside me still in her clothes.

   " Are you not going to change?" 

   " No, I'm to tired. "

   " Okay. If you say so. "

 I turned on my side and faced her.I put my arm around her and brought her close. I shut my eyes and started going to sleep.