The Almost Kiss

When the taxi stopped Garroth opened the taxi door and got out. He held his hand out for me and I took it and he helped me out of the taxi. He held my hand as we walked to the ice cream parlor.

   " Thanks for bringing me Garroth. "

   " Anytime, plus you helped cheer me on during the game and that helped me a lot. "

   " Well, I knew you could do it. You just needed some encouragement. "

His smile never faded as we walked. We walked into the parlor and walked to the counter.

   " What would you two like? "

   " I'll have vanilla. "

   " Okay, and for you Miss?"

   " I'll have F/f ice cream, please. "

He nodded and got the ice creams rather quickly. He handed me mine and Garroth paid before he got his. We decided to sit outside of the parlor and eat our ice cream. We sat at a table while looking at the night sky. The fairy lights around the parlor made the scenery more beautiful.

   " I could have paid you know. "

   " I know, but it's my treat. I couldn't let a lady pay for it. That would be rude of me. "

I giggled a little bit at how much of a gentleman he was. Then I remembered the man that cheered in the stands.

   " I was going to tell you. I saw a guy in the stands that looked just like you. Except he had a beard and he was an adult. "

   " Was there a woman beside him cheering. Black hair mint green eyes? With a younger boy with them? Brown hair and green eyes?"

   " Yes. "

   " That was my family. Those were my parents and my little brother Vylad. They go to all of my games. "

   " Ohhhhhh. I see. I wondered why you and that man looked so similar. "

   " Ya. They're my family. They come to every game. "

   " Wish I had a family like that. "

   " You don't? "

   " No, my family are always on business. They aren't barely around. Always business business business. I don't really get to see them or talk to them. "

   " I'm sorry. I didn't know. "

   " It's fine Garroth. Even though I don't get to make memories with them I can make some with my friends. like right now. "

   " Well, I'm glad I can help. "

   " We're even. "

He chuckled at my statement. When we were finished we threw our cups away.

   " Can I walk you home? "

   " Sure Garroth. "

We left the ice cream parlor and started walking to my house. We walked hand in hand. We talked as we walked too. I had fun. this was fun. When we made it to my house I let go of Garroth's hand.

   " Well, this was fun Garroth. Thanks for taking me out to the ice cream parlor. "

   " Thanks for coming to my game. "

I nodded and smiled at Garroth. I looked at the door and saw a note hanging on it. I took the note off and read it.

We came and grabbed a new set of clothes and had to leave for our flight. We love you Y/n

                                                                                 ~ Mr. & Mrs. ( L/n )

I sighed at the note. I didn't even get to see them. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and remembered Garroth was still there.

   " Everything okay? "

I handed him the note. He read it and looked at me with sadness. I hugged him and he hugged me back.

   "I didn't even get to see them. "

   " You should have been here instead of the game. You could have seen them. "

   " Garroth, I probably wouldn't have had time to spend with them. They came for clothes and then left. I'm glad I went to the game. "

Garroth pulled away but held my arms. He stared into my E/c eyes and I returned the stare. Starring into his light blue eyes. He looked down at my lips and looked back up to my eyes. his hand left my arm and started caressing my left cheek.

   " G-Garroth. "

   " Would it be okay if I..."

   " G-Go ahead. "

He gave a small nod and started leaning forward. I closed my eyes and he did the same. Before our lips could connect there was a car horn going off. I opened my eyes along with Garroth . We backed away from each other and I looked behind him to see his family.

   " Garroth my boy! We must be heading home. "

   " I'll be right there dad. "

He turned back towards me.

   " Sorry about my dad. "

   " I-It's fine. "

He held my hand and kissed the back of it.

   " I'll see you tomorrow at school. "

I nodded and he left and got in his car. I went inside and tried to get rid of the blush that was covering my face.

( Garroth's P.O.V. )

   " Garte! Why did you do that? "

   " Cause we need to get home Zianna. "

   " But they were about to kiss! "

   " They were?"

   " YES!!!"

I sat in the back and listened to my parents arguing. I could feel a little blush on my face. Mom was right I was really close to kissing Y/n. Oh Lady Irene, help me. 

   " Maybe next time big bro. "

I looked at Vylad. He had a sincere smile on his face.

   ' Next time? '