The Date

I held his back.

   " So where are we going, master? "

   " Well, there is this nice restaurant down the street. I'll take you there. "

   " But I didn't bring my wallet. "

   " I'm paying. "

   " I can't let you do that. "

   " Yes, you can. Cause that's what's going to happen. "

I rolled my eyes as we walked. When we got to the restaurant we sat down at one of the booths by the window.

   " What are you going to get? " Gene asked me.

   " I'm going to get F/f. With F/d. "

   " That sounds good. I'm going to get a steak. "

   " Okay. "

The waitress came and took our orders and left quickly. It was quiet for a moment until I brought up a question.

   " So, why were you at the park this late? "

   " To save a damsel in distress. "

   " I doubt you were there for me until you saw me. "

   " Well, Kitty what makes you think I'll tell you? "

   " Cause I'm me. You'll tell me one way or another. "

   " Are you sure about that? "

   " Yup. "

   " Well, I was there because I like walking in the park at night. It's calming. No people around to annoy me and I can think clearly. "

  " Thinking about what? "

   " Why are you asking so many questions? "

   " Cause you're my friend and I wanna make sure you are okay. "

   " Aww so Kitty can put her claws away. "

   " Don't avoid the question. "

   " I wasn't thinking about anything important. "

   " Important enough to wait for the people to leave and listen to the peace and quiet. "

   " Okay, kitty I'll tell you. I was just thinking about what would have happened if never helped Sasha and Zenix get together. "

   " Things've been different since they started? "

   " Yeah. They're all lovey-dovey and it makes me sick. "

   " * giggle * You'll understand when you get a girlfriend. "

   " Probably, but I don't think I could spend all my time with my girlfriend. "

   " Why? "

   " Cause I couldn't spend all my time with you kitten. "

   " Well, your girlfriend will be jealous, won't she? "

   " If she is then I'll have to tell her to deal with it. "

   " That's not how a relationship works, Gene. "

   " It's because I'm not worried about my girlfriend and I's relationship. "

   " Why? "

  " Because there's only one girl I have in mind and I know she wouldn't have a problem with me spending all my time with you. "

   " Who would that be? "

   " You Kitty. "

The waiter brought out our plates and set them in front of us. Gene started eating his food and I started digging into mine. I could feel the heat rise to my cheeks. I finished eating my food and reached for the check when Gene grabbed it.

   " I'm paying kitty. "

   " Why can't I pay? "

   " Cause I said I'm taking you out. You're not taking me out. "

   " But-"

   "Too late. "

He pulled some cash out and handed it to the waiter. The waiter left and Gene stood up. He held my hand and pulled me out of my seat. 

   " I'll walk you home. "

He held my hand and I held his. We walked out of the restaurant and on the way towards my house. On our way, I looked up every once in a while to see the stars. I looked down and saw my house coming into view.  I walked up the walkway and Gene followed. I got to my door and unlocked it. I turned towards Gene and hugged him.

   " Thanks for today Gene. It cheered me up. "

I felt him embrace me back. 

   " Anything for you kitten. Garroth is a jerk and shouldn't have done that to you. "

   " Still thanks. I would probably be in my room right now crying. "

   " Good. I don't want to see my precious in tears. "

I pulled away and smiled at him.

   " Thanks again. "

   " Anytime. Day or night. "

   " Nice rhyme. "

He smirked at me and pulled me closer to him. His lips connected with mine. It was rough but sweet. He pulled away and left me stunned. Then he wished me a good night and walked away. Eventually, I Shook my head and walked inside.