Chapter 22

"Okay, ninja vs. samurai." Michael said.

"Ninja, totally." Zac replied.

"Samurai have protective armour though." we were having a discussion at lunch that next week, mostly about whether ninjas were better than samurai.

"And cool weapons." Luisa added.

"Yeah but ninjas don't need armour or weapons, they're super fast and know karate." Zac said.

"What if it's a ninja against a gun? Then what?" Mike asked him.

"The ninjas dodges it because he's the ninja. It makes sense." he replied.

"You're both wrong." Three pair of eyeballs turned their gaze onto me, waiting for my response. "Pirates are the best. They got cool weapons, they can drive boats, they get loads of treasure, and they're great pickpockets." I said. Zac cocked an eyebrow at me, then started clapping.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Daniella Lavek just became fucking awesome." he said. I snickered and took a little bow for my friends, as they started clapping too.

"Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week." I said.

"Alright I got another one: Cobras or Leopards?" Michael asked.

"Cobras." we all said, which made us laugh. All of the sudden, out of the corner of my eye, I saw Lucas walk towards our table. However, instead of taking his usual seat next to me, he sauntered right past us. And where did he go? Squeezing himself right at the popular table...with Sandy. I couldn't help bu let me mouth drop open, that definetley hurt. I hated that feeling of betrayal, I know that feeling all too well.

"You okay?" Luisa asked me.

"Whatever." I muttered. I couldn't help but think about what Zac had said, what he said about Lucas couldn't be true, but something was going on, and no one wanted to tell me shit. But now, they're going to have to.

"Why are you all against me dating Lucas?" I asked them. The three of them stopped and looked at each other, wondering who was going to start talking first.

"We never said that." Michael said.

"Yeah, you practically did, and you have been ever since that Halloween party you eggheads threw." I told the boys. "Now does anybody want to tell me why Lucas isn't a good boyfriend?" I asked them.

"Well, he did miss your date by like forty five minutes." Luisa said.

"And he did ditch you to go sit with the Ice Princess." Michael added.

"Let's not forget when he tried to break my nose." Zac said.

"You two were fighting." I told him.

"He started it."

"And I'll end it between the two of you just as fast." Luisa said. "What is going on with you two?"

"Nothing!" we both snapped.

"Doesn't seem like nothing." Michael muttered.

"You have no business meddling in my relationships, I can't understand why you can't just be happy for me?" I asked Zac.

"I have a problem with the fact that you think after only one meeting and a kiss, you think you're in love with a guy." he said.

"I never said I was in love, he never told me he loved me." I said.

"You never said that you don't love him." he replied.

"Why the hell should that matter? We've only been going out two months." I said.

"If I tell a woman I love her, I wait at least four or five months." he said.

"I don't think you've ever told a woman you love her."

"No one stayed long enough for me to tell them."

"Big shocker."

"Okay mom and dad, that's enough. Before someone gets hurt." Luisa said.

"Fine, just tell me one thing Zac, only one thing." I said.

"What would you like to know Ms. Lavek?" he asked.

"Why don't you trust Lucas? And give me an actual, based on facts answer." I said. He got the same look on his face like last night.

"I'll tell you, but don't freak out." he said.

"Fine, what is it?" I asked.

"Lucas' parents got divorced two years ago." he replied. My head turned to stare directly in the middle of my boyfriend's head. I had no idea, how anyone could lie about their parents' divorce, anybody. He knew I was hurting, and he used that to his own advantage.  He lied.

I shout out of my seat and stormed out of the cafeteria, hearing Luisa's voice as she called me back.

~.~  Z  A  C      T  R  E  N  W  A  Y  ~.~

She got up and stormed away, I don't know where. Luisa glared at me, and if looks could kill, I'd be dead.

"Did you have to tell her that? Now?" she asked.

"She was going to find out some time." I replied.

"It could've waited, maybe another month or two." Michael said.

"Guys, you can make me the bad guy in all this, but imagine if we waited and that jerk told her he loved her. Then what?" I asked them.

"You should've waited." Luisa said. I didn't care what she thought, I didn't even care what Michael thought. I only cared about Dani's feelings, and that asshole was toying with them like a playset. He's dreaming if he thinks he's not going to pay for this.