Chapter 13

My lips were suddenly pried from his when I felt my arm being yanked back. I nearly rolled my ankle in my heel as I looked up at the culprit. Zac was gripping my arm and started shouting as Lucas.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" he asked him. Lucas gave him a flat look and scoffed.

"I think it's was pretty clear what we were doing. And I don't believe it's any of your business." he replied.

"Yeah I think it is, because she's my sister and she barely knows you." Zac said.

"We're on the cheer team together!" I piped in.

"And that didn't tip you off about him?" he asked me.

"Hey! I'm not gay!" Lucas told him.

"Well I could see that the way you were trying to eat her face off here." he replied.

"Stop it, stop it both of you! You're making a scene!" I told them, then realising the Lucas had a black smudge on his face. I assume that came from my whiskers.

"Stay out of this Dani!" Zac told me.

"I will not stay out of this! You ditched me, I had nothing to do, I was dancing with Lucas! I love the fact that he kissed me! You shouldn't care, you're too busy slutting it up with Sandy!" I snapped. He just tightened his jaw, trying not to shout anymore than already.

"Enjoy yourself then, make sure you wear protection." then he turned on his heel and stormed away, shoving some guy dressed as a salt shaker doing do. I turned back to Lucas and sighed.

"I am so sorry about that. I don't know what's gotten into him." I said.

"That's alright, I'm going to get something to drink. Do you want anything?" he asked me.

"I'll take a cream soda." I replied.

"I'll be right back then." he grinned.

"Great." I smiled back. He nodded and headed for the snack table, leaving me standing in the middle of the floor. Luisa found me seconds later, grasping my arm, her nails digging into my flesh.

"Hey. So I had a couple jack o'lantern cocktails while I was gone but I still had my head on straight enough to bring you one and not have to flash my boobs to the bartender." she beamed, handing me a glass filled with orange liquid and green garnishing around the glass rim. "Don't worry about the green, me and some of the other cheerleaders convinced Michael to use lime zest instead of marijuana." oh...okay?

"Oh sweetie, let's just hope there's coffee pot around." I said and patted her shoulder.

"Why?" she asked.

"Because you're going to need a cup by the end of the night...and possibly a cold shower." I replied.

"Why?" she asked again. Oh boy, first time dealing with a drunk person? Check that off the list.

All of the sudden, the loud sound of glass shattering sliced through the air; however, nobody stopped to respond to the sound. I guess it was regular alcohol, drug-abuse, party behaviour.

"What was that?" I asked Luisa.

"Somebody just probably smashed something on accident. Happens all the time." she replied. The glass shattering was then followed by repeated chanted, screaming 'FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!'.

"Yeah is that nornal?" I asked her, grabbing her arm and pulling her towards the chaos. A crowd had pulled into a circle, continuing to shout and cheer on the scuffle. I had a horrible feeling building up inside me. When we got into the front of the crowd, my horrible feeling was confirmed.