• thirty one: part two •

Start from the beginning

"Cake at 9 in the morning?" I said just to purposely get on her nerves.

"What happened to keeping your mouth shut?"

******

After taking Kelly out for breakfast, we were now taking a walk through the park to get us to our next destination. She thinks we're just walking for the hell of it, but I actually had a little surprise for her coming up. Luckily it was a nice day out, 60 degrees, which was pretty good considering it was the middle of the winter.

"How you feeling?" I asked her.

"Well my belly is full, so my heart is full." she replied, causing me to laugh.

"I would say a joke but I already told you I was gon chill."

"Yeah you better watch it."

I looked down and eyed the cup of gelato she was eating. "Lemme get some."

"Uh, no. You said you didn't want any when I bought it."

I sucked my teeth, "I changed my mind."

"Well change it back."

"Wow. All those times you've ate off my plate and I just be letting you do it... and now here I am asking for one little bite of ice cream and you won't even — "

"Alright, here! Damn!" She rolled her eyes as she scooped some up in her spoon, and I leaned forward so she could feed it to me.

"Ya big baby." she groaned. Her expression quickly changed when she saw that we were approaching a fountain.

"Oooh, Trey let's make a wish!"

We walked over and I took some coins out of my pocket and gave one to her. We both closed our eyes at the same time, made our wishes and tossed the coins over our shoulders into the water.

"What you wish for?" I taunted.

"You're real funny. You know it won't come true if I tell you."

"I know, I'm just being annoying." I chuckled. "It had better been a good one though."

"Oh trust me, it is." she said with a wink. "And yours?"

"Of course. I made sure to say that shit as clear as possible so I could get exactly what I asked for."

"Well if it's meant to be, then they'll both come true."

I nodded, "We just gon have to wait and see."

After 15 more minutes of walking, stopping to take pictures with fans along the way, we arrived at a secluded area of the park where the next part of our day was located.

"Mr. Neverson, you made it!" said my guy Lorenzo, who was gonna be in charge of this.

"Yes sir, I told you I would." I said, giving him a firm handshake. "This is my lovely wife, Kelly."

"It's very nice to meet you Mrs. Neverson." he said while they shook hands.

"Likewise. What this man about to have me doing?" she asked him in a playful tone, pointing at me.

"Look to your right."

She slowly turned her head and gasped when she saw a hot air balloon stationed there.

"Ohhhh boy..."

"It'll be fun, come on." I said, grinning mischievously.

She looked at me disapprovingly, "Man, if I had known you were gonna do this..."

"I already know. That's why I ain't tell you." I winked.

"It's 100 percent safe and you'll get to see the whole city of Milan from above." Lorenzo chimed in. "I've done this thousands of times. I've seen people literally almost go into a panic attack before getting on, but they end up loving it as soon as they're up there."