Chapter One - Detention

Muscles relaxed as I stretched out horizontally onto my bed. My elbows proped upwards and my hands extended out towards me, loosely holding my phone, scrolling through the latest feeds and fakest news possible. 

I yawned quietly, turning my attention away from the phone to the four-month old feline sleeping beside me. Her noir scruffy fur brushing against my skirt as she inhaled and exhaled quietly and in a silent rhythm. Her emerald glazed eyes relaxed shut as her arms stretched out to north and her back legs stretched south. 

I tucked some of my shoulder-length curly blonde locks behind my ear as I switched my position, glaring onto the ceiling. I sighed, my eyes gradually turning half-lidded and I began to drift off into one relaxing sleep.

"You've got detention!?" I heard my mother scream as I heard her march boldly and infuriatingly towards my room. 

I opened my eyes slowly, "Oh god..." I murmured under my breath as she burst into my room, a light gust of wind shot into my face as she entered. 

An overdramatic intense scowl printed onto her face, matching her infuriated state. Her messy ombre hair wrapped loosely into a messy bun, dark straight jeans that were too oversized compared to her natural waist and a navy blue t-shirt that securely covered her shoulders. 

The pet feline shot up and arched her back as she stretched, her green eyes half-lidded as she regained her consciousness of reality and her ears perked up. 

My mother shoved her phone screen into my face, revealing the text my mother had recieved from the academy. I analysed the message as quickly as I could before my mother removed her oversized phone screen from my face. 

"So, what did you get it for?!" she bellowed. She slid her phone onto the marbel desk, her eyes narrowed as her arms folded up tightly. 

I groaned, dragging my face up off my comfortable bed and sat onto the edge, my feet lightly scraping across the beige carpet, I finally felt the courage to look up to my mother, "I..." I found myself stuttering on my words. 

Knowing that my mother was furious at me, terrified me. She's conniving, sinister and the devil in sheep's clothing as the saying goes. 

"I skipped class..." I admitted, twiddling my thumbs, entwining them with one another. 

I heard my mothers heavy breathing, and cursed myself for telling the truth. Everything remained silent and the atmosphere felt heavy on my shoulders.

I heard a sigh of disappointment and I shut my eyes. 

"Do the crime, you do the time." she said, rather calmly to be surprised, she stormed off and slammed the door behind her. I flinched slightly and awaited for the atmosphere to die down. 

I turned towards the feline and petted her on the cheek, "Well Mav, I got to get ready for my detention." I said, sighing heavily as I stuffed my phone into my pocket and swung my blazer over my shoulders.

I framed my head  to look down, completely avoiding eye contact with my disappointed mother, as she laid sprawled out across the couch, flicking through whatever channels were currently on show. 

I twirled my keys around my index finger before sliding it back into my blazer pocket, I sighed, before opening in the door and closing it.

The gentle wind of the June breeze immediately hit me as I walked out. England was never blessed with complete sun, everything was trailed by either wind or just pouring rain. 

Groaning, I opened the wooden gate before exiting the garden, it didn't take me long to arrive back at the school. 

I looked down at my phone one final time before turning it off so nobody could reach me during my time of detention.