Kym

I walked up to Grandma June front door. I knocked three times to be greeted by a mean old woman that doesn't approve my sexuality. "Zari and Monte y'all get ya stuff and come on here!!" She yelled to my brothers as she stepped on the front porch. "Hey Grandma June." I said flashing a fake smile. "Hey child, how was school?" She asked while sitting in her favorite rocking chair. "School was school." I said trying not to start conversation. Zari and Monte walked out grinning. "Hey sis" They said in unison. "Hey my boys" I replied hugging them both. "Yall go get in the car." Grandma June told them. I took a deep breath as I rolled my eyes. "So you still with that dyke girl?" She asked not looking at me. "Yes and I really don't understand why you're asking. My mother approve so what's your problem Grandma. Its my life. Let me live it." I said looking at her. "Child God don't like ugly." She said giving me a stern look. "And he doesn't like judgemental old ladies either Grandma" I replied with attitude while walking away. I got in my car and drove home with my little brothers in the back seat nodding their heads to Lil Boosie remix of Lifestyle. They know better than to rap the lyrics.

......

I got settled, got my homework done, cooked the boys dinner, got their baths taken, school clothes laid out and in bed. Mik never did text back so I decided to call her. I got out my Samsung galaxy and hit her number. "Hello." I heard her sexy deep, but not too deep voice say into the phone. I melted. "Hey babe, you can't text your girl back now?" I asked with a slight attitude. She sucked her teeth. "Man I was going to. What's up?" She said with an attitude. "Come over" I told her. "You telling or asking?" She asked with annoyance in her voice. "Please babe?" I whined. She took a deep  breath into the phone. "On my way Kym." She said before hanging up. I don't know what's her problem but she'll get over it.

........

10 minutes later Mik was knocking at the door. I opened it and crossed my arms with an attitude. "Your problem is?" I asked.  "Man Kym ian come over her for allat. Damn." She said walking in past me and to the boys room. She came out and sat on the couch. I sat beside her. "I don't get a hug? A kiss? How you doing bae? Nothing?" I said with attitude. "If this what I came over here for I'll go back home." She said not looking at me. "Whatever" I said walking up to my room. I heard the front door shut when I sat on my bed. I undressed and slipped on a t-shirt and got in bed. I texted Mik.

To Mik: Even though you treat me like shit I love you and goodnight.

I laid in bed thinking until I dozed off into a deep sleep. I don't know where we went wrong.