"Welp, I'm not gonna stop now." You grinned, "You know what Maxine, I reckon I could Riko to start calling you that as well."

"You wouldn't."

You noticed Marie suddenly turn away at the mention of Riko, almost sadly. But she quickly perked up again. "Guy's the ice creams melting! We need to eat it!!" She grinned, jumping between the two of you on the sofa.

The ice cream got eaten, and you eventually brought your spare blankets out. Max was happy to sleep on the sofa, while you and Marie topped and tailed your mattress, which Max (with his enhanced strength) had helped you drag from your bed and into you living room so you could all sleep in the same place.

And then the gossiping started.

"Just a 7 out of 10??" Marie was almost offended at your rating of Lyon Bastia. "(Y/n) He's a solid 10."

"Yeah I just don't see it." You shrugged,

"Gray Fullbuster is more attractive." Max agreed, mouth full of the left over ice cream, laying on the sofa.

Marie gasped, "take it back." She straightened her back defensively, you were both sitting comfortably cross legged on your mattress on the floor.

You were suddenly reminded of a conversation you'd had with Riko. "Do you have a thing for people with silver hair?"

"What?!" Marie immediately got defensive, "ha, who else would I find attractive with silver hair???"

You exchanged a glance with Max, who very simply replied, "It's a mystery."

"Okay next guild," for the sake of Marie you moved on the conversation, at the moment you were rating each member you could think of in the guilds that took part in the grand magic games. You'd been through most.

"Sabertooth." Marie decided. You swallowed.

"We missed Crimson Inferno." You said.

"We're NOT rating Crimson Inferno." Max grimaced.

"Kokuzo, -100, moving on." Marie rushed, "now, Sabertooth."

You decided to let the others do the talking now, you felt a little uneasy.

"Okay, um who is there..." Marie pondered, "Rufus!"

"He wears a mask," Max commented, "Possibly to hide the fact he's a 2/10."

"Alright then, Yukino..." Marie moved on, "she's beautiful, a solid 10."

"You said that for every single girl we've ranked." Max commented.

"They're all beautiful, okay?????" Marie became flustered. You hear that? All girls are beautiful, and Marie is never wrong, just so you know.

"Sure." Max rolled his eyes. "Umm Sting Eucliffe."

"Oh come he's a 9 minimum." Marie scoffed, easy answer. "What about his partner."

And suddenly they were both staring at you.

Great.

"You know," you ducked your head a little, "I'm a little bias because his future self broke both my legs, and I was told to kill him."

"It means nothing." Marie grinned evilly. "Out of 10, go on."

You could feel your cheeks go red, obvious answer, you supposed. But you didn't want to voice it.

"Oh my god!! She's so red." Marie giggled. "I've always been team Rogue."

"Sorry what??"

"Riko was too, you know, as opposed to team Akio."

Wait, Riko had told you this already. You went redder. Now its worse because you found out Riko KNEW you were supposed to kill him, and was still on 'team Rogue'. Wow, how messed up.

"So go on tell us what you think of him!!" Marie hugged a pillow tightly.

"This is so inappropriate." You shook your head.

"You don't have to have a business relationship just because your brother solicited you to kill him." Max added.

You held your legs tightly, you didn't have feeling for him. But your opinion of him had changed.

Because, he'd told you, in the future you two would be together. And for some reason, you had no issue with this. But it wasn't exactly what you'd call a crush, not quite yet.

"He has a nice smile..." you said, that's all they were getting out of you today, it was as if you knew you'd have more to share about your feelings in the future. Plus you didn't mean the smirks future rogue threw around, you meant like the one he gave Frosch on the last day of the grand magic games, and the one he gave back to you when you were dancing with Akio.

"Oh come on." Max laughed,

"You're boring." Marie agreed with a giggle. "Girl, it's all over you can ask him out now."

You giggled with her. "Guys- you do know before I was literally appearing in his nightmares. I don't think that gives me much of a chance."

"But you admit to wanting to ask him out?" Marie leaned closer to you.

"No!!" You threw the pillow at her. "I've known him five minutes, calm down."

"Then get to know him!!" Marie playfully chucked the pillow right back to her face.

"Like your one to talk, your crush is right with you and you don't do anything."

Marie went bright red and then curled up into a ball. She screeched. "I didn't think you guys knew."

"We knew before you did." Max rolled his eyes.

"Whaaat." Marie looked up, still with a face like a tomato.

"When did you realise?" You asked, quite pleased to have changed the subject.

"Aaah recently." She was very embarrassed, but willing to share. "Have you guys noticed she's more distant lately??"

You nodded, it seemed more obvious now you understood her reasoning.

"Since the grand magic games.. and that Itzal guy, she's been different." Marie said, "then I started to realise I liked her, because I don't want her to change, and I really don't want to see her sad. Ever." She proceeded to burry her head into her knees, making her next sentence muffled. "I really like Riko."

You could feel yourself grinning, even the soulless Max let out an 'awww'. Besides you knew her feelings were mutual, this one would turn out okay.

"I would 100% recommend confessing." You smiled.

"Really??" She looked at you, she'd obviously considered it before. "What if she doesn't like me back?"

You knew this wasn't the case, but you weren't going to let Marie find out from you.

"Just do it." You grinned. "Worst case is, she says no and you both move on. But there's a good chance she won't."

"You think?" Marie shyly spoke,

"Yup. Trust me."

"Okay then!" Marie piped out with very sudden determination. "I'll tell her how I feel!!"

With her new resolve, you and Max encouraged her and agreed. And conversation continued through out the night.

Leaving you to wonder now, does Marie think back to this conversation, wishing she could just forget?

——————————

There's a dumb meme I added at the top. Merry Christmas. I have a few of these lined up so you can get used to them lol.

Also does I kinda want to know if people still hate Max. I don't cos he's my son, but I want to know about the rest of you.

Also feel free to come talk to me about the characters at any point I would love it if you guys did. I'd love to know your opinions.

(And as always sorry for long waiting times between updates 😂)