Chapter 17: Calm Before The Storm

Start from the beginning

"Don't mock me." Hank growled, baring his teeth at Mr. Erik.  "I wasn't trying to!" Mr. Erik managed to get out.  "Hank put him down. Please!" Mr. Charles said. Hank let him go and Mr. Erik fell to the ground.

"I gotta admit you look pretty bad-ass." Alex said. Darwin slapped him on the back of the head and then looked to me.

"I gotta new name for you. Beast." Alex said. Hank smirked.

Then Agent McTaggert reminded us we had to get to the Embargo Line.

"Can you fly this thing?" Sean asked Hank.

"Fly it? I designed it." Hank said walking over to the jet. We all followed and got to the jet.

Mr. Erik helped me buckle up in my seat. I watched the sky as we flew through the air.

"Tara i wan you to listen very carefully." Mr. Charles said. i looked to him and nodded.

"I know you want to fight with the boys. With your powers you would be able to do that. I don't want you to." he said. I looked to him wide-eyed.

"Tara you're only eleven. We don't want you to get hurt." Mr. Erik said. I looked down then back up and nodded.

"What do you want me to do?" i asked.

"Help as much as you can with your telepathy by my side. Only go and help the boys when it looks like they are in major trouble." he said. i nodded vigorously.

Another word i learned from Hank.

"5 minutes to the line." Beast said.

"Rush, lets find the ships." Professor X said. i nodded and looked outside. There were the American ships, the Russian ships, and the one ship going to the line. I went to the ship, the Aral Sea. Everybody was on the ground except one man, Azazel. "Oh no..." i muttered.

"Everyone on the Aral Sea is dead. Shaw's been there." Professor X said. "He's still here. Somewhere." Magneto said.

"He's set the ship on course for the Embargo Line." i said kind of out of it. I was still watching Azazel.

"If that ship crosses the line, our boys are gonna blow it up. Then the war begins." Agent McTaggert said.

"Unless they're not our boys." Professor X said. I got out of the ship at the idea Professor X had. In seconds he had gotten one of the men on the one of the Russian ships to blow up the Aral Sea.

I sighed in relief.

"That was inspired Charles." Agent McTaggert said. "Thank you. I still can't locate Shaw." Professor X said.

"I'm trying to find him but the sea is very big." I said looking throughout the minds of the oceanic creatures trying to find the submarine.

"He's out there. Somewhere." Magneto said.

"We don't have sonar though." Beast said.

"Oh yes we do." Banshee said. We looked to him. He was smirking. "Yes we do." Professor X said. They all got up and got to the hatch.

"Keep looking Rush!" Magneto said. i nodded.

I closed my eyes and tried to do what i did in the study. Instead of looking for Shaw i'll look for a simpler mind. Angel's.

In the background i could hear Banshee telling Magneto to get away from him.

I finally found her mind and i took her over.

I stood up as Angel and walked around on the sub looking around. I'm very happy Emma Frost is still in the CIA holding. Azazel and Riptide were monitoring the equipment.

"Something wrong?" Riptide said making me jump.

"Nothing." i told him looking away.

"What am i supposed to do?"i said acting offended. "Riptide is steering ship. I am making sure radiation levels stay on full power for Shaw and his little dome of radiation. Just sit there and look pretty." Azazel said annoyed.

Haha! He didn't like Angel it seemed.

Then a wave went by. I recognized it as Banshee. I smiled. "Why are you smiling?" Azazel demanded.

"Nothing. It seems you don't like Angel either." i told him, stopping my act.

The two man looked to me in confusion.

"Thank you for your cooperation." i said before leaving her mind and getting back on the jet. I saw Magneto and Professor X were gone to.

"Where'd they go?" i asked. Raven pointed.I got out of my seat and ran to the wheel. I gasped as i saw the submarine slowly rise. "What did i miss?" i whispered in shock.

Professor X smiled. "What did you find?" he asked. i was about to tell him when i saw Riptide come out of the sub.

"Uh-oh..." i whispered. Professor X looked. Riptide slowly started making little hurricane twisters.

"Get back!" Professor X told me. I was about to when i saw Magneto.

"Not without him!" i said. "Then do it now!" Professor X demanded. I used my telekinesis and got Magneto out of the wheel. We  were seconds away from meeting the twister.

"Brace yourselves!" Professor X said grabbing me and covering me as the twister hit.

I screamed as the jet crashed to the ground.