Kisses

Goo Goo Dolls - Iris

And I'd give up forever to touch you

'Cause I know that you feel me somehow.

You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be.

And I don't want to go home right now.

And all I can taste is this moment.

And all I can breathe is your life.

'Cause sooner or later it's over.

I just don't want to miss you tonight.

♚♚♚♚♚

Harry met Zayn the day he moved across the street from him. Immediately, Harry knew there was something unusual about him. Besides the fact that he wore glasses, he didn't say much. He kept to himself and when he wasn't keeping to himself, he noticed Zayn was a very affectionate person because he had hugged him and welcomed him to the neighborhood. At first, Harry thought it was weird to have someone as sweet and mild as Zayn take to him, but Harry's father told him it would be very good for him and that he needed a change.

The change he was referring to was his behavior and attitude. Harry was a troublesome kid at his old high school. He made bad grades, mostly because he stopped trying and he had more suspensions than he could count. And because of it, his father often put him down. Especially the day he found out Harry almost got expelled from school for having sex with some other guy in the school bathroom. He made Harry feel less than himself and he did not hold back on his words either. One could easily guess, just by looking in, that his relationship with his father wasn't very good. And it was the reason Harry was rebellious toward him. He didn't have much respect for him and he wanted to be away from him as much as he could.

So over time, he didn't find it so bad when he would go over Zayn's house and spend time with him. It gave him a good excuse to get away from his father. And because Zayn was always that affectionate person he was when Harry first met him, it wasn't all that horrible being with him down in the basement, which also happened to be Zayn's room. It fact, it wasn't horrible at all. Because he found that Zayn gave him the attention his father wouldn't give him. He gave him praises, hugs, he helped him, and he was always there when he wanted or needed him. Often, that would be the only reason he even came to see Zayn.

He would never tell Zayn that, for fear it might end.

##

About five months after he met Zayn, also two and a half months into the the new school year, he went over to Zayn's house. Zayn had asked him how he liked the neighborhood so far.

"It's okay. It isn't what I'm used to. It's a little dull. But I bet you already know that since you've been here a while."

"Yeah, I know that but I haven't been here a while."

"You haven't?"

"Nope. It hasn't even been a year yet. We'd just moved here ourselves about three months before you came."

"Why'd you move to this neighborhood then?"

"I didn't have a choice. My parents wanted to. I didn't. And neither did my sisters. But I guess it doesn't really matter for me because I'm homeschooled. So I just keep to myself."

Harry chuckled. "Well, I should probably be honest. The reason I moved here is because I was a bit of a troublemaker at my old school. I almost got expelled from there last year and my dad got fed up with it. He was going to make me go live with my sister, Gemma, but he changed his mind."