Till The End of Time

Lana Del Rey

I will love you 'till the of time

Probably a million years

Promise you'll remember that you're mine

Baby can you see through the tears

...

Say you'll remember

Say you'll remember

♠♠♠♠♠

****

It finally came!

The call that changed Zayn's life finally came one Friday afternoon when he arrived home from work. It was the hospital. Zayn qpuickly amswered the phone and even though he hoped for the best, he feared it might just be the same old news. That Harry still hadn't woke up yet, but that his vital signs were fine. However, the words that came through that receiver after he said 'hello' were just the opposite of what he expected.

"He is awake, Mr. Malik. He has awakened from his coma and you are welcome to come see him whenever you're ready."

Right away, Zayn just started crying because in that moment, he was reminded of all the stress from the past year and a half that he had gone through. He thought about how patient he was with Harry as he waited for him to wake from his coma. It felt like he was waiting a lifetime but now it was finally here. Now what?

The first thing Zayn did was rush to the hospital. Unfortunately, he got stuck in traffic on the highway and by the time he actually reached the hospital, Harry had fallen asleep. Anne, Harry's mom and Gemma, Harry's sister were there though, and it relieved Zayn to know that he wasn't the only one who cried hard when he got the news.

When Zayn spoke to the nurses, they told him they needed to keep Harry a few more nights for observation and that if everything was okay, they'd send him home in about three days. Zayn couldn't believe it. He was finally going to get his Harry back. But he was overwhelmed. What was he going to do when those three days ended?

➡️➡️➡️

Harry remembered Zayn and the most important thing about them which was that they were more than friends. In fact, the moment he saw Zayn, he called him by his name. But there were still some things that he didn't really remember. It wasn't because he had been in the hospital for a long time. No, a year and a half wasn't long enough to forget. It was just that the trauma of the accident, had caused so many things to be forgotten.

"Welcome home." Zayn spoke excitedly when he pulled into the driveway. Seeing the destination, brought a smile to Harry's face.

"I can't believe we are still here. I thought you'd have moved to a smaller place or something."

"Nope, still here." Zayn nodded. "Let's go in."

As he guided Harry into the house, he noticed that his arm was not fitting around Harry as well as it used to. And the clothes that he brought for Harry to wear were slightly bigger as well. The doctors informed Zayn before he took him home that Harry lost weight there, but Zayn hadn't expected his muscles and everything to shrink as much as they did. Harry used to be strong enough to carry Zayn. And he used to pick Zayn up and let him wrap his legs around him while he gave him kisses. Not anymore.

Harry stood in the middle of the living room and stared at everything that was there. "Has it really been a year and a half like everyone says?" He finally asked as he turned to Zayn, who was observing him.

"Yeah." Zayn answered. "But... It felt like forever."

"Forever for what?"

"Forever for you."