Grey Tears (Part 3/3)

Ne-Yo - Let Me Love You

Much as you blame yourself, you can't be blamed for the way that you feel

Had no example of a love, that was even remotely real

How can you understand something that you never had?

Ooh, baby, if you let me, I can help you out with all of that

Girl, let me love you,

And I will love you, until you learn to love yourself

Girl, let me love you,

⚀⚁⚂⚃⚄⚅

Zayn was standing outside of Harry's front door when Harry got home. He noticed Harry's frustration as he tried to unlock the front door.

"What's wrong?"

But Harry didn't answer. Once he opened the door, he rushed into the house, leaving the door wide open and Zayn had to close it behind them. He ran straight to his room and still would not acknowledge that he was even there.

When Zayn reached Harry's bedroom, he was lying on his bed with his face pressed down. He could tell Harry was crying by the way his shoulders moved up and down. So he made his way over to the bed and lay down beside Harry, rubbing his back. "Are you okay?"

But it seemed like even with the kind gestures, Harry's crying increased.

Zayn kept rubbing his back anyway, hoping he'd comfort him soon. "Maybe you'll want to tell me later?"

"No." Harry answered, his voice muffled by the fabric of his pillow. "You're going to say 'I told you so.' I know it. I don't want to talk about it."

Zayn sighed tben took his jacket and boots. Then he untied Harry's shoes and took them off as well.

"What are you doing?" Harry asked, never lifting his head.

"I'm making you comfortable. At least if you don't want to talk, you should be comfortable."

He lay down next to Harry again and watched him another couple minutes before he ran his fngrs through Harry's curls in a steady repetitive motion. "Okay... I know it's David. If you won't tell me, I'll just tell you that I already know it's him."

Harry turned his head to look at Zayn. His puffy eyes were very visible and they were strawberry red. "How do you know that?"

Zayn shrugged. "I saw what happened. I was there."

Harry wiped his eyes with the back of his wrist. "I didn't see you."

"I'm always there, Harry. Whether you see me or not."

Harry turned over on his back and sniffled. "I don't understand. He said he loved me. He promised me he wouldn't hurt me." He grunted in frustration. "And I was an idiot to believe him!"

Zayn gave his torso a couple of pats. "Shh. Don't be angry with yourself."

But Harry quickly sat up looking down at him. "Why shouldn't I be angry with myself? You told me. You tried to warm me and I was so stupid. I just...I deserve everything that's happening to me right now."

Now Zayn sat up. "Don't say that. You deserve to be happy. And you deserve someone who won't lie to you or break your heart. If David wants to cheat on you then that should be his loss, not yours."

Harry let a light smile come across his face and it quickly disappeared.

"I can't believe he'd do that. He said he loved me. He tells me that every time he sees me."