Grey Tears (Part 2/3)

One Direction

Lately I found myself thinking

Been dreaming about you a lot

And up in my head I'm your boyfriend

But that's one thing you've already got

He drives to school every morning

While I walk alone in the rain

He'd kill me without any warning

If he took a look in my brain

Would he say he's in L-O-V-E

Well if it was me then I would

Would he hold you when you're feeling low

Baby you should know that I would

⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨

Before we go in, are your parents home?" Zayn asked as Harry unlocked the door, trying to get out of the pouring rain.

"No. Not yet. My mother won't be home until late tonight. Maybe nine o'clock".

Zayn nodded and stepped into the house behind him.

When Harry turned around to look at him, he was dry again. "You know, it isn't fair that you can just dry off like that, whenever you feel like it."

"I know. I just wanted to make sure I didn't wet your carpet."

Harry smiled. "I guess I can thank you for that."

Zayn chuckled. "You're welcome. Maybe you should have a hot shower though. You know, before you get sick?"

"Yeah. I'll take a quick one. I won't be long."

Zayn shoved his hands in his pockets and watched Harry disappear down the hallway.

*

*

*

"Okay, so let me get this straight." Harry said, drying off his hair with a towel. "I'm the only one who can see you?"

Zayn shook his head and sat on the bed next to Harry. "No. Anyone can see me if choose to let them see me."

"So you chose to let me see you?"

"Yes."

"What about everyone else? What about your family?"

"No way. They all know I'm dead. They'd all go crazy if I did to them what I did to you."

Harry sighed. "Then why did you appear to me. What's so special about me?"

"Everything."

That made Harry blush. "When you were alive, did you always have these different ways of flattering people?"

Zayn hummed. "Only for the people I dated or wanted to date. So that includes you. Especially because I never saw anyone quite like you."

Harry rolled his eyes. "See, you're doing it again."

"What? Doesn't David ever compliment you?"

Harry thought for a moment and answered with sadness in his voice. "Um... I don't think so. But can we please stop talking about him? I'm through with him. I don't ever want to see him again. You were right. He only wants what I can give. He doesn't care about what I think or how I feel."

Zayn placed a gentle hand on Harry's back and rubbed it. "But I do."

Harry then watched Zayn remove his jacket and toss it on the floor, revealing his long sleeved plaid shirt. Harry hadn't really noticed until now the tattoo on his right hand but he didn't mention it.