Clouds

One Direction - FOUR

Here we go again

Another go round for all of my friends

Another non stop will it ever end

If we're never coming back down

Yeah we're looking down on the clouds

★★★★★

Zayn is lying out in the middle of his bed in nothing but his underwear. It's 80°outside. The fan in his room is running on medium and his window is open to let a little breeze come through. His face has little beads of sweat, but at least it isn't dripping down his face the way it was yesterday.

"Damn, it's still hot in there?" He hears and he slightly moves his head to see his friend Harry peeking in his room window through the screen.

"Yeah, no one will be here to fix the air conditioner until tomorrow."

"That sucks. I'm going around front. Let me in."

Harry leaves the window but Zayn doesn't move at all. His parents are the closest to the front door so he leaves it up to them to let him in. Obviously they do, because Harry finally comes in his room frowning. "I expected you, you know." He says as he locks the door behind him.

"I know. I'm too drained to stand right now. I just want to smoke."

"Or you're just lazy." He mumbles and he reaches in his pocket so he can retrieve something from it. It's a small sandwich bag and in it, are two already rolled blunts. Between the two of them, Harry has always been the best at rolling them. So whenever he comes to Zayn's house to smoke, it's usually already done or he rolls them there. Zayn is glad it's already done. That means they can start right away.

Harry plops down on the bed beside him and he hands Zayn one of them. He lights his own before handing Zayn the lighter to light his. After taking his first hit, Harry sighs. He hasn't smoked in a couple of weeks. So he feels like he really needs this now. He's been dying for a stress reliever.

Smoking like this is definitely not a small hobby for Zayn and Harry. They don't do it for the pleasure of only smoking. Their main purpose is always to get high. So Harry always makes sure it's rolled long and is packed with the cannabis. He never disappoints Zayn either, because by the time their smoke session ends, the world seems a lot less complicated. And it's so much more easier to pretend they are not just two twenty year olds who would rather do anything other than go for a higher education.

It's always the same with them. They only lie next to each other in silence and they don't say a word. There is just something about having a smoking buddy, but not feeling obligated to talk to them while they smoke. They embrace it. But this also never fails: When the weed starts to talk, so do they. They become a bubbly giggly mess and it's hard to stop themselves from sounding like little five year olds.

"Hey, Harry." Zayn says. The blunt is so short in between his index finger and thumb and Zayn's red droopy eyes look up to his spinning fan.

"What?"

"You know I was looking online. Videos, yah know. And I was looking at people who vape."

"Oh yeah?"

"It was the coolest fucking thing, I swear. Even the girls made it look cool." He faces Harry, whose eyes are just as bloodshot and glassy as his. "Want to try it one day?"

"What? Vape?"

"Yeah. I saw some pretty cool shit we could try."

Harry chuckles. "Nah man. I'd just fuck it up. Though it'd be pretty cool to see you make those rings."